N. 76th St. construction continues, ramp closures scheduled
Important road construction information (N. 76th St.) from Alderman Cavalier Johnson
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Southeast Region continues to progress with reconstruction work on N 76th Street at Silver Spring Drive.
On Thursday July 6th (weather dependent) department contractors will establish Stage 3 traffic control. Northbound and Southbound traffic will continue to be reduced to a single lane in each direction between Florist Ave. and Grantosa Drive through September. Traffic that is currently using the outside travel lane will be moved to the median travel lane. Parking will remain restricted on N 76th Street between Florist Ave. and Grantosa Drive. Between Sheridan Drive and Thurston Ave., northbound traffic will be crossed over to the new Southbound Roadway and bridge. Anticipate that traffic will remain in this configuration through September.
Ramps to Close on Thursday July 6th
- Westbound Exit ramp from W. Silver Spring Drive to N 76th Street.
- Full closure of Eastbound Entrance ramp from N 76th Street to Silver Spring (Currently available for NB traffic only)
Ramps To Remain Closed through September
- Eastbound exit ramp from W. Silver Spring Drive to N 76th Street
Ramp To Open on Monday July 17th
- Entrance ramp from southbound 76th Street to W. Silver Spring
Overnight Full Closure of West Silver Spring Drive for Bridge Demolition Scheduled – Begins Friday July 7th (Weather Dependent)
- Westbound and Eastbound Silver Spring Drive will be fully closed overnight for bridge demolition
- Friday July 7th, 6 pm to 10 am Saturday July 8th
- CONTINGENCY – Sunday July 9th through Tuesday July 11th, 8 pm to 6 am
Overnight Closures of West Silver Spring For removing falsework
- Wednesday, July 5th, Eastbound Silver Spring Closed 8 pm to 6 am
- Thursday, July 6th, Westbound Silver Spring Closed 8 pm to 6 am
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Cavalier “Chevy” Johnson
Dakonte Product Group, Inc. is a store that oversees several product lines, from industrial envelopes to menu covers.
Statement from Alderman Cavalier Johnson May 9, 2017