Looking out for seniors during the hot weather
Alderwoman Coggs again looking in on seniors, delivering cold water today
Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs today is making visits to senior housing complexes in the 6th Aldermanic District, bringing cold bottled water and checking in on residents.
Alderwoman Coggs said the hot weather can take its toll on seniors, especially those who may not be able to keep themselves cool and hydrated. “I encourage Milwaukee residents to look in on their older neighbors and relatives to make sure they are safe during this weather,” she said.
Alderwoman Coggs, who has made similar hot weather relief efforts in the past, said many older residents (many with health conditions) do not have air conditioning or the means to stay adequately hydrated in extreme hot weather. “Extreme heat can be deadly, and as a community we need to do what we can to keep some of our most vulnerable residents safe,” she said.
The locations Alderwoman Coggs is visiting today are:
- Clinton Rose Senior Center – 3045 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.
- Clarence Parrish Apartments – 3161 N. Dr. Martin Luther King Dr.
- Lapham Park Senior Center – 1901 N. 6th St.
- Mount Zion- Calvin Courtyard Apartments – 2121 N. 2nd St.
- Calvary Gardens Apartments – 1555 W. Chambers St.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Milele Coggs
Long Fought for New grocery store set to open September 14