Wisconsin Center District Announces Substantial Completion of Fiserv Forum
Submission of Documents Signifies Authorization for Full Occupancy
“The era of the Fiserv Forum begins today,” said Wisconsin Center District President and CEO Marty Brooks. “This is a great moment in Milwaukee’s history not only for sports fans, but the broader entertainment and hospitality industries too.”
The mark of substantial completion is a milestone date for the occupancy of the facility by the Deer District. It also serves as a starting point for several other facets of the state-wide efforts to bring the new home of the Bucks to fruition.
Wisconsin Center District board chairwoman, Wisconsin Department of Administration Secretary Ellen Nowak, has signed the certificate of substantial completion, triggering the process set forth under state law to reconstitute the WCD Board. A new board, including a new board chairperson, must be identified by August 31.
“Today is a great day for the city of Milwaukee and the state of Wisconsin,” Secretary Nowak said. “I would like to express my appreciation to the Wisconsin Center District Board for its commitment to this project and to the city’s continued downtown revitalization. At the state level, we look forward to seeing what direction the future board takes to support and advance economic activity across southeastern Wisconsin.”
Additionally on August 31, the official transfer of the BMO Harris Bradley Center will be finalized. Ownership will go to the Wisconsin Center District, which will immediately transfer the title to the Deer District. The Deer District then has six months to begin the demolition of the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Fiserv Forum is scheduled to host its inaugural event on September 4, 2018.
- Op Ed: County Parks Lost Funding to Bucks Arena - Patricia Jursik - Jul 7th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Fiserv Forum Workers to Get $15/Hour - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 29th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Beat Hiring Targets on Fiserv Forum - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Taxpayers Make Bucks, Brewers Rich - Bruce Murphy - Apr 16th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Unveil Master Plan for Park East - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Plan Massive Arena Signs - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks’ New Bar Is “The MECCA” - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Planning Sports Bar for Live Block - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Inside Good City Brewing’s New Taproom - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 23rd, 2019
- Good City Brewing Opens At Fiserv Forum - Jennifer Rick - Jan 22nd, 2019
Read more about New Bucks Arena here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Center District
Cost-saving measure taken in response to loss of business due to COVID-19
New Standard Effective July 1, 2020