Wild Space Creates Drive-In Dance
Milwaukee, WI (July 13, 2020)… Get out of the house, drive, park and from the safety of your car watch Wild Space Dance Company in a free live event. Drive-In Dance performances are at 8:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. July 28-29-30 in the empty Interstate Parking/ICC Lot at 178 N. Jackson St. Drive-in Dance will be the city’s first live dance performance since the shut-down. Designated parking has been designed for safe distancing and capacity for the event will be limited to 20 car per show. Advanced reservations are required. www.wildspacedance.org.
Artistic Director, Debra Loewen asked, “How can we dance together and where could we perform safely for a live audience? From these concerns came the idea of creating Drive-In Dance.”
Dancers lit by headlights and hunting lanterns move in a new landscape, strangely beautiful and intimate. Dancers appear and disappear assessing distance and proximity. Solos, duets and trios arise unexpectedly as intricate scores unfold with full-bodied dancing under the night sky.
Capacity is limited to 20 cars per show. Required reservations include a safely distanced parking space. All attendees will be sent details regarding safety procedures. A Drive-in Dance sound file will be sent the day of the show to each car reservation.
About Wild Space
Led by Founder/Artistic Director Debra Loewen, Wild Space Dance Company is celebrating three decades of inventive performances and innovative outreach programs. Known for site- specific works and artistic collaborations, Wild Space takes audiences on adventures through built and natural landscapes, visual art, history and the human condition with wry humor, clever choreography and emotionally-charged dance. An affiliate of UPAF, Wild Space is a company- in-residence at Lincoln Center Middle School of the Arts in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Wild Space programs are supported in part by grants from Milwaukee County CAMPAC and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts.
For more information, call Wild Space at 414/271-0307 or email email@example.com the National Endowment for the Arts. For more information, call Wild Space at 414/271-0307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases Still High in Milwaukee County - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department excusing inaction with insufficient data, right-wing talking points - Milwaukee Teachers’ Education Association - Sep 16th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Delivers Radio Address on New Investments to Support Local COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery - Gov. Tony Evers - Sep 16th, 2021
- UWM reaches 70% vaccination rate goal, pushes for more - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee - Sep 16th, 2021
- Data Wonk: Biden Vaccine Plan Helps GOP Governors - Bruce Thompson - Sep 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Remind Wisconsinites to Get Vaccinated to Get $100 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 15th, 2021
- American Family Field COVID-19 Testing Site Closing - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 14th, 2021
- For Ron Johnson, Prolonging the Pandemic is Just Another Day at the Office - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Sep 14th, 2021
- Nursing Home Workers Resist Vaccines - Madeline Fuerstenberg - Sep 13th, 2021
- MKE County: Children Are Rising Share of COVID-19 Cases - Graham Kilmer - Sep 10th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wild Space Dance Company
A drive-in dance event watched from the safety and warmth of your car