Wild Space Creates Drive-In Dance
Milwaukee, WI (July 13, 2020)… Get out of the house, drive, park and from the safety of your car watch Wild Space Dance Company in a free live event. Drive-In Dance performances are at 8:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. July 28-29-30 in the empty Interstate Parking/ICC Lot at 178 N. Jackson St. Drive-in Dance will be the city’s first live dance performance since the shut-down. Designated parking has been designed for safe distancing and capacity for the event will be limited to 20 car per show. Advanced reservations are required. www.wildspacedance.org.
Artistic Director, Debra Loewen asked, “How can we dance together and where could we perform safely for a live audience? From these concerns came the idea of creating Drive-In Dance.”
Dancers lit by headlights and hunting lanterns move in a new landscape, strangely beautiful and intimate. Dancers appear and disappear assessing distance and proximity. Solos, duets and trios arise unexpectedly as intricate scores unfold with full-bodied dancing under the night sky.
Capacity is limited to 20 cars per show. Required reservations include a safely distanced parking space. All attendees will be sent details regarding safety procedures. A Drive-in Dance sound file will be sent the day of the show to each car reservation.
About Wild Space
Led by Founder/Artistic Director Debra Loewen, Wild Space Dance Company is celebrating three decades of inventive performances and innovative outreach programs. Known for site- specific works and artistic collaborations, Wild Space takes audiences on adventures through built and natural landscapes, visual art, history and the human condition with wry humor, clever choreography and emotionally-charged dance. An affiliate of UPAF, Wild Space is a company- in-residence at Lincoln Center Middle School of the Arts in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Wild Space programs are supported in part by grants from Milwaukee County CAMPAC and the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts.
For more information, call Wild Space at 414/271-0307 or email email@example.com the National Endowment for the Arts. For more information, call Wild Space at 414/271-0307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WI Daily: Milwaukee County Falls to 14th Worst Outbreak, Even As Cases Accelerate - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 24th, 2020
- Appeals Court Blocks State Restaurant, Bar Rules - Shawn Johnson - Oct 24th, 2020
- Milwaukee Unemployment at 8.4% - Graham Kilmer - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WI Daily: Over 10,000 Wisconsin Residents Have Been Hospitalized With COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Election Officials Can’t Require Masks At Polls - Laurel White - Oct 23rd, 2020
- WILL Asks Judge to Decide on Merits in Lawsuit Challenging Gov. Evers’s Emergency Declarations - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Oct 23rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Getting More Aggressive On COVID-19 Order Fines - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 23rd, 2020
- All Utilities Can’t Disconnect Service Until Spring - Danielle Kaeding - Oct 23rd, 2020
- More COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations in Milwaukee Now Than Ever Before - Graham Kilmer - Oct 22nd, 2020
- WI Daily: Record 1,230 People Actively Hospitalized With COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 22nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wild Space Dance Company
Making/Unmaking explores what it means to make, view and interpret visual art.