VISIT Milwaukee joins Stop the COVID Spread! Coalition
This broad coalition of business groups from around the state has launched a new PSA to urge the public to take preventive measures to stop the spread of COVID-19
Since March, VISIT Milwaukee has been advocating for local businesses and citizens to take preventive measures to halt the transmission of COVID-19. Now, VISIT Milwaukee joins with nearly 100 other groups as part of the Stop the Spread! Coalition to amplify its call for safe practices. And this week, the “Stop the Covid Spread!” coalition ramped up its message in the statewide effort to combat the pandemic. The coalition released its third public education announcement, featuring a frontline nurse in Appleton, Wisconsin. You can watch the ad here.
VISIT Milwaukee is proud to be part of the “Stop the Covid Spread!” coalition, a group of Wisconsin’s leading health care, business, education, and advocacy organizations who have all joined in a team effort to urge the public to step up and take preventive measures seriously so that we can all continue to safely participate in Wisconsin’s economy. The coalition has grown dramatically since its launch and now includes nearly 100 Wisconsin organizations.
Employing preventive measures is not a partisan or geographic issue. Wisconsin is going in the wrong direction on COVID, but it’s not too late to turn it around. Employing preventative measures is the simplest way that the public can help us keep our state’s health care system stable and accessible, protect the health and safety of essential workers, and prevent further shutdown of Wisconsin businesses and economic functions.
If we all work together, we can help stop the COVID spread. You can learn more about the coalition and how we all need to step up to help stop the spread here.
We hope you’ll join us in sharing this crucial message with your friends and family. We need to turn this public health crisis around before it overwhelms our state.
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
- Wisconsin Re-Launches “You Stop the Spread” Multimedia Campaign - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 8th, 2021
- Brewers to Host Additional Pop-Up Vaccination Clinics June 15 and 16 - Milwaukee Brewers - Jun 8th, 2021
- Marquette Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination - Graham Kilmer - Jun 7th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Visit Milwaukee
New sports-focused division seeks to drive economic impact to Milwaukee by bringing in more sports events of all kinds
Claire Koenig wins Rising Star Award at WIGCOT 2021 and several VISIT Milwaukee partners are also recognized