Top Ten Reasons Wisconsin Got Conned
In an ode to the famous David Letterman, the reasons are presented 10 to 1
(MADISON) – Today, State Senator Tim Carpenter introduced his list of the Top Ten Reasons Wisconsin got conned by Foxconn. In an ode to the famous David Letterman, the reasons are presented 10 to 1:
10. Foxconn should have been required to testify at legislative public hearings and answer questions. They never did.
9. The Foxconn deal should have been made available to the public before the WEDC Board vote. It was not.
8. The vote by the WEDC Board on the Foxconn deal should have been done publicly. It was not.
7. The vote by the WEDC Board should have been on the Foxconn contract, not just a Staff Review of the contract.
6. The whole process leading to the Foxconn contract was too secretive and negotiated behind closed doors.
5. Governor Scott Walker gave away the store just to close the deal with Foxconn.
4. Future businesses will demand to have the same environmental exemptions that were given to Foxconn.
3. Wisconsin workers take a seat on the back of the bus with this Foxconn deal.
2. A foreign corporation is given better treatment than a United States citizen.
And, the number one reason why the Foxconn deal stinks………..
1. Wisconsin will not break even on the $3 billion give away to Foxconn until 2043 at
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Tim Carpenter