Top Ten Reasons Wisconsin Got Conned
In an ode to the famous David Letterman, the reasons are presented 10 to 1
(MADISON) – Today, State Senator Tim Carpenter introduced his list of the Top Ten Reasons Wisconsin got conned by Foxconn. In an ode to the famous David Letterman, the reasons are presented 10 to 1:
10. Foxconn should have been required to testify at legislative public hearings and answer questions. They never did.
9. The Foxconn deal should have been made available to the public before the WEDC Board vote. It was not.
8. The vote by the WEDC Board on the Foxconn deal should have been done publicly. It was not.
7. The vote by the WEDC Board should have been on the Foxconn contract, not just a Staff Review of the contract.
6. The whole process leading to the Foxconn contract was too secretive and negotiated behind closed doors.
5. Governor Scott Walker gave away the store just to close the deal with Foxconn.
4. Future businesses will demand to have the same environmental exemptions that were given to Foxconn.
3. Wisconsin workers take a seat on the back of the bus with this Foxconn deal.
2. A foreign corporation is given better treatment than a United States citizen.
And, the number one reason why the Foxconn deal stinks………..
1. Wisconsin will not break even on the $3 billion give away to Foxconn until 2043 at
- Murphy’s Law: How Kleefisch Failed On Foxconn - Bruce Murphy - Sep 13th, 2021
- Back in the News: Fisker Wants State Law Changed For Potential Foxconn Car Factory - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 11th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Wants a New Subsidy? - Bruce Murphy - Jul 26th, 2021
- Village Board Unanimously Votes to Blight Local Business for Foxconn - A Better Mt. Pleasant - Jul 13th, 2021
- Op Ed: EPA Overrules Pruitt-Walker Smog Increases - James Rowen - Jun 7th, 2021
- Village Paid Foxconn Project Manager Nearly $1 Million - Corri Hess - May 28th, 2021
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Tim Carpenter
Proposal would exempt the first $10,200 in UC benefits from taxation