Top Ten Reasons Wisconsin Got Conned
In an ode to the famous David Letterman, the reasons are presented 10 to 1
(MADISON) – Today, State Senator Tim Carpenter introduced his list of the Top Ten Reasons Wisconsin got conned by Foxconn. In an ode to the famous David Letterman, the reasons are presented 10 to 1:
10. Foxconn should have been required to testify at legislative public hearings and answer questions. They never did.
9. The Foxconn deal should have been made available to the public before the WEDC Board vote. It was not.
8. The vote by the WEDC Board on the Foxconn deal should have been done publicly. It was not.
7. The vote by the WEDC Board should have been on the Foxconn contract, not just a Staff Review of the contract.
6. The whole process leading to the Foxconn contract was too secretive and negotiated behind closed doors.
5. Governor Scott Walker gave away the store just to close the deal with Foxconn.
4. Future businesses will demand to have the same environmental exemptions that were given to Foxconn.
3. Wisconsin workers take a seat on the back of the bus with this Foxconn deal.
2. A foreign corporation is given better treatment than a United States citizen.
And, the number one reason why the Foxconn deal stinks………..
1. Wisconsin will not break even on the $3 billion give away to Foxconn until 2043 at
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Tim Carpenter
"I look forward to finding even more common ground upon which to do the people’s business."
"It’s a great feeling to make people’s lives much better without partisan fighting."