Statement Regarding Mass Shooting at Mayfair Mall
The City of Milwaukee’s Office of Violence Prevention offers its thoughts and support to survivors, families, and staff impacted by the mass shooting at Mayfair Mall this afternoon
In an unprecedented year for gun violence across the country we are faced with yet another tragic and preventable mass shooting. Our thoughts are with the victims, staff, shoppers, and everyone impacted by this incident. We commend the quick actions of mall staff and first responders in assisting families to safety and the life-saving efforts of the trauma unit at Froedtert Hospital.
According to the national Gun Violence Archive (GVA) there have been 571 mass shootings so far in the United States this year in comparison to a total of 417 in 2019. Since 2009 over 1,500 people have been killed in the United States in a mass shooting and over 900 were wounded. 2020 is on track to have the most mass shootings since GVA began tracking these incidents in 2013.
If there are any families in need of counseling support for children or teens that may have been in the mall at the time, we encourage them to contact the Milwaukee Trauma Response Team at: 414-257-7621.
The Trauma Response Team is a partnership between the City of Milwaukee Office of Violence Prevention and Milwaukee County’s Child Mobile Crisis team to support children and youth exposed to violent or traumatic incidents in our community.
- Suspected Mayfair Mall Shooter Arrested - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Statement from Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis R. McBride - Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride - Nov 21st, 2020
- Shooting erupts at Mayfair Mall - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Nov 20th, 2020
- Rep. Robyn Vining & Sen. Dale Kooyenga Statement Regarding Shooting at Mayfair Mall - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Nov 20th, 2020
- Statement Regarding Mass Shooting at Mayfair Mall - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 20th, 2020
- The Wauwatosa Police Department Investigates Shooting Incident at Mayfair Mall - City of Wauwatosa Police Department - Nov 20th, 2020
- Police Chief: 8 Injured In Shooting At Mayfair Mall - WPR Staff - Nov 20th, 2020
Read more about Shooting at Mayfair Mall here