Shooting erupts at Mayfair Mall
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson November 20, 2020
I am profoundly shocked by the shooting this afternoon that left eight people wounded inside Mayfair Mall. The senseless burst of gunfire inside what we know is one of the busiest and most popular malls in the region is deeply disturbing, and tonight I offer thoughts of sympathy and healing to the victims.
I ask that citizens offer help and comfort to the victims during their time of recovery and healing from their injuries. According to Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride, it appears that thankfully, none of the victims appear to have life-threatening injuries. With the number of shots that were fired inside the mall (according to witnesses), the fact that no one was killed is by sheer, blind luck.
Wauwatosa Police – with the assistance of law enforcement partners from throughout the area, including Milwaukee Police and the FBI – are investigating the shooting and what exactly transpired. As of this writing, the person believed to be the shooter is still at large.
Anyone with information about today’s shooting is urged to contact Wauwatosa Police at (414) 471-8430.
- Suspected Mayfair Mall Shooter Arrested - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Statement from Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis R. McBride - Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride - Nov 21st, 2020
- Shooting erupts at Mayfair Mall - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Nov 20th, 2020
- Rep. Robyn Vining & Sen. Dale Kooyenga Statement Regarding Shooting at Mayfair Mall - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Nov 20th, 2020
- Statement Regarding Mass Shooting at Mayfair Mall - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 20th, 2020
- The Wauwatosa Police Department Investigates Shooting Incident at Mayfair Mall - City of Wauwatosa Police Department - Nov 20th, 2020
- Police Chief: 8 Injured In Shooting At Mayfair Mall - WPR Staff - Nov 20th, 2020
Read more about Shooting at Mayfair Mall here