Statement from the Milwaukee Bucks Organization
MILWAUKEE (Jan. 5, 2021) – The Bucks organization remains firmly against excessive use of force by law enforcement. This past year shed light on the ongoing racial injustices facing our African American and other marginalized communities. Reoccurring instances of excessive use of force and immediate escalation when engaging the Black community must stop. We will continue to work to enact policy change so these incidents no longer exist. As an organization, we remain strongly committed to address issues of social injustice and anti-racism and to make meaningful change for African Americans and all marginalized members of our community.
NOTE: This press release was submitted to Urban Milwaukee and was not written by an Urban Milwaukee writer. It has not been verified for its accuracy or completeness.
- No Federal Charges For Officer That Shot Jacob Blake - Madeline Fox - Oct 8th, 2021
- Federal Officials Close Review of the Officer-Involved Shooting of Jacob Blake - U.S. Department of Justice - Oct 8th, 2021
- WisGOP Statement on One-Year Anniversary of Kenosha Violence - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Aug 24th, 2021
- One Year After Jacob Blake Shooting Kenosha Seeks Answers - Isiah Holmes and Henry Redman - Aug 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Releases Statement One Year After Jacob Blake Shooting - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 23rd, 2021
- Kenosha Activists Arrested During Protest of Jacob Blake - Henry Redman - May 6th, 2021
- Body Cameras Key To Charges Against Police - Corri Hess - May 4th, 2021
- Wisconsin Police Donated to Officer that Shot Jacob Blake - Jenny Peek and Corrinne Hess - Apr 16th, 2021
- Kenosha activists respond to tonight’s Officer Sheskey announcement - Leaders of Kenosha - Apr 13th, 2021
- Kenosha Police Department Statement on Officer Rusten Sheskey’s Return From Administrative Leave - Kenosha Police Department - Apr 13th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Bucks