Senator Craig Statement on Kimberly–Clark Legislation
"If brought to a vote, I would not support the proposed Kimberly-Clark tax incentive legislation."
Madison, WI — Today, State Senator David Craig (R-Town of Vernon) released the following statement relating to the Kimberly-Clark tax incentive package (Assembly Bill 963):
“The Foxconn incentive package was an outlier in both scope and future opportunity for our state. A clear, bright line should be drawn between the extraordinary, statewide impacts of Foxconn and future economic development policy.
“If brought to a vote, I would not support the proposed Kimberly-Clark tax incentive legislation. I will continue to advocate for an economic development posture that lessens government intervention in the private sector. By stimulating economic growth through broad-based tax reforms, all Wisconsinites will enjoy the benefits of a reduced tax burden and more economic freedoms – keeping Wisconsin competitive with other states and globally.”
Senator Craig represents the 28th Senate District which includes parts of Waukesha, Milwaukee, Racine, and Walworth counties.
- Op Ed: Growing Wealth Gap Hurts Wage Earners - Tamarine Cornelius - Jan 20th, 2019
- This Isn’t an Economic Development Strategy, This is an Extortion. - State Sen. Chris Larson - Dec 14th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark to Keep Cold Spring Facility Open in Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker - Dec 13th, 2018
- Governor-elect Tony Evers Statement on Kimberly-Clark Announcement - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 13th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark Subsidy Stalled in Senate - Laurel White - Nov 28th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark, Unions, Push for Subsidy - Laurel White - Nov 15th, 2018
- AFP-Wisconsin to Legislators: Reject Corporate Welfare - AFP Wisconsin - Nov 14th, 2018
- MacIver Institute Reminds Wisconsin Why Kimberly-Clark Bailout Is a Bad Idea - MacIver Institute - Nov 14th, 2018
- GOP Pushes Tax Giveaway Plan That Pays More for Fewer Jobs - One Wisconsin Now - Nov 14th, 2018
- Republican Opposition to Kimberly-Clark Bill Intensifies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 4th, 2018
Read more about Kimberly-Clark Plant Closings here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Democrats Continue To Build Momentum, Organizing Infrastructure Leading Into 2022 Midterm Elections