Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision
MADISON – On Wednesday, Kenosha District Attorney Michael Graveley announced that no charges will be filed against the officer that shot Jacob Blake. Representative Robyn Vining (D-Wauwatosa) issued the following statement in response:
“I am thinking of Jacob Blake, his children, and his family in the wake of this decision. As I often am in situations like this, I am pained by the trauma for all involved in this terrible situation, and the lifetime of healing they will now face.
“As I said when Governor Evers called a special session on transparency and accountability in policing, the time for leadership is now. The people are watching, Wisconsin is watching, the country is watching. We must do the work people entrusted us to do to create a more fair, just, healthy, safe, equal, transparent, and accountable Wisconsin.”
Rep. Vining represents the 14th Assembly District, which includes parts of Brookfield, Wauwatosa, and Milwaukee. For more information, visit Rep. Vining’s website here.
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
- Barnes Rips Kenosha DA On Blake Shooting - Melanie Conklin - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs’ Statement on Decision to not Charge Officer Sheskey in Shooting of Jacob Blake - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Jan 6th, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Bucks Organization - Milwaukee Bucks - Jan 5th, 2021
- Senator Agard Releases Statement on the Decision to Not Charge Officer Involved in Shooting Jacob Blake - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Jan 5th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Jacob Blake Shooting Charging Decision by Kenosha District Attorney - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 5th, 2021
- Statement from Kenosha County Judicial Candidate Angela Cunningham on Charging Decision of the Jacob Blake Shooting - Angela Cunningham - Jan 5th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here