Rep. Fitzgerald Requests a Moment of Silence on House Floor to Honor Waukesha Christmas Parade Victims
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Scott Fitzgerald (WI-05) was joined by Congressman Bryan Steil (WI-01), Congressman Mark Pocan (WI-02), Congressman Ron Kind (WI-03), and Congressman Glenn Grothman (WI-06) on the House floor to request a moment of silence to honor the victims of the Waukesha Christmas Parade violence.
Congressman Fitzgerald delivered the following remarks:
“I am joined by my colleagues from Wisconsin to request a moment of silence and pay respects to those who suffered in the senseless violence at the Waukesha Christmas Parade last week on November 21.
“The attack left a devastating impact on our friends and neighbors in the community.
“Anyone who regularly attends the Waukesha Christmas Parade will tell you how joyous of a celebration this parade typically is. It brings the community together.
“It’s inconceivable that an individual would shatter lives and uproot our community in this horrific way.
“We are grateful for the firefighters, police officers, health care professionals, and volunteers who immediately answered the call for help that evening and who continue to help those who remain in serious condition.
“I know the people of Waukesha very well, they’re tough and kind. I know that we will get through this unspeakable difficulty together, as a community.
“I pray for healing and peace for all those who were affected. And may love and strength lead us forward in the face of this evil.
“I would ask my colleagues to join me in observing a moment of silence in honor of Virginia Sorenson, LeAnna Owen, Tamara Durand, Wilhelm Hospel, Jane Kulich, and Jackson Sparks, as well as those still in critical condition and those suffering from trauma following this tragedy.
“Madam Speaker, I now ask that the House observe a moment of silence.
“Thank you, Madam Speaker and I yield back.”
Click the image below to watch the moment of silence.
- WisGOP Statement on Tony Evers’ Refusal to Fire John Chisholm - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Jan 11th, 2022
- Legislators Withhold Chisholm’s Pay Raise - Isiah Holmes - Dec 22nd, 2021
- Group Pushes Evers to Oust John Chisholm - Corri Hess - Dec 21st, 2021
- WisGOP Statement on John Chisholm Complaint - Republican Party of Wisconsin - Dec 20th, 2021
- Former Milwaukee Brewers All-Star to Attend United For Waukesha Charity Event at 3rd Street Market Hall - 3rd Street Market Hall - Dec 8th, 2021
- Legislators Demand Evers Remove Chisholm - Hannah Haynes - Dec 7th, 2021
- Lawyers Caution Against Changing Bail System - Isiah Holmes - Dec 5th, 2021
- DA Blames ‘Human Error’ for Waukesha Parade Attack Suspect’s Bail - Corri Hess - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Rep. Fitzgerald Requests a Moment of Silence on House Floor to Honor Waukesha Christmas Parade Victims - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Nov 30th, 2021
- Baldwin, Johnson Urge People Not to Exploit Waukesha Tragedy - Ruth Conniff - Nov 29th, 2021
Read more about Tragedy at Waukesha Christmas Parade here