Regional meeting on opioid epidemic included Senator Baldwin
Yesterday (Tuesday, August 11), Senator Tammy Baldwin took part in a virtual meeting focused on Milwaukee-area efforts to combat the deadly opioid epidemic.
The meeting, hosted by Alderman Michael J. Murphy, included public health experts and officials from across the region (including participants from Milwaukee, Waukesha, Kenosha and Washington counties) who are working on solutions to opioid addiction and overdoses.
“The meeting was quite informative and valuable, and I thank Senator Baldwin for taking the time to share updates on efforts at the federal level and to listen to our comments and answer our questions,” said Alderman Murphy, who co-chaired the City-County Heroin, Opioid and Cocaine Task Force, and sponsored legislation creating the city’s anti-overdose initiative.
Also taking part in yesterday’s meeting were: Courtney Geiger, City of Milwaukee Health Department; Capt. Michael Wright, Milwaukee Fire Department’s (MFD) Milwaukee Overdose Response Initiative (MORI); Mike Lappen, Milwaukee County Behavioral Health; John Kettler, Waukesha County Heroin Task Force Treatment Pillar; Debbie Rueber, Kenosha County Opioid Task Force; Ronna Corliss, Elevate, Inc.; Julie Driscoll, Washington County Human Services Department; and Serenity Krueger, Elevate, Inc.
To watch a recording of the meeting, please go to Alderman Murphy’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/aldmichaelmurphy (@Aldmichaelmurphy).
- A Medication Rescue for Opioid Overdoses - Corri Hess - Feb 22nd, 2021
- State Receives $10 million in Opioid Crisis Settlement - Jenny Peek - Feb 5th, 2021
- AG Kaul, Gov Evers Announce $573 Million Multistate Agreement with McKinsey & Company for “Turbocharging” the Opioid Epidemic with Purdue Pharma - Josh Kaul - Feb 4th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Announce Nearly $9 Million Awarded for Drug Treatment Services - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 14th, 2021
- AG Kaul, Bipartisan AGs Push FDA to Examine Progress in Opioid Fight - Josh Kaul - Jan 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee County Surpasses Last Year’s Record Overdose Deaths - Edgar Mendez - Nov 27th, 2020
- Overdose Responders Struggle Against Rising Deaths - Edgar Mendez - Nov 20th, 2020
- Wisconsin Drug Take Back Collection 1st in the Country; Collects Nearly 90,000 lbs. of Unwanted Medications to Fight the Opioid Epidemic - Josh Kaul - Nov 9th, 2020
- Gov. Evers, DSPS Secretary-designee Crim Announce Wisconsin Enhanced Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Awarded Nearly $2 Million Grant - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 2nd, 2020
- AG Kaul Announces Updated Settlement with Opioid Manufacturer Mallinckrodt - Josh Kaul - Oct 13th, 2020
Read more about Opioid Crisis here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Michael Murphy
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy December 18, 2020
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy November 7, 2020