Lasry Campaign Staff Organizes With IBEW
MILWAUKEE – U.S. Senate candidate Alex Lasry today announced that his campaign staff has voted to unionize, and will be proud members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Engineers (IBEW) Local 494.
The Lasry campaign is the first statewide campaign staff to unionize in Wisconsin’s history.
Lasry for Wisconsin workers unanimously signed cards with the IBEW, and the campaign’s management swiftly recognized the union per a neutrality agreement reached with IBEW.
“This was exactly how a workplace organizing effort should go,” said Dean A. Warsh, Business Manager for IBEW Local 494. “Once again, Alex walked the walk, immediately recognizing the signed cards and agreeing to neutrality. Alex did the same when we worked with him on the construction of Fiserv Forum and the Deer District. This is something that every responsible employer should do and. I urge every other candidate in this race to follow his lead.
“IBEW is thrilled to represent the workers of Lasry for Wisconsin,” Warsh continued. “We share Alex’s commitment to sustainable, progressive change in our state and in our country and couldn’t be more proud to be representing the workers on his campaign.”
Lasry for Wisconsin
- Chris Larson Files To Run for U.S. Senate - Jeramey Jannene - May 25th, 2021
- Lasry Campaign Staff Organizes With IBEW - Alex Lasry - May 10th, 2021
- Tom Nelson Wrote Book on Union Struggles - Erik Gunn - May 5th, 2021
- Lasry Names Senate Campaign Co-Chairs - Alex Lasry - Apr 28th, 2021
- Smart Politics: Godlewski Seeks An Electoral First - Dr. Eric Ostermeier - Apr 21st, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Hot Democratic Contest for U.S. Senate - Bruce Murphy - Apr 19th, 2021
- Godlewski Will Run for U.S. Senate - Melanie Conklin - Apr 14th, 2021
- Milwaukee Common Council Members Endorse Alex Lasry - Alex Lasry - Mar 10th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
- Alex Lasry Files To Run for Senate - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 16th, 2021
Read more about 2022 U.S. Senate Race here