Re-election Bid Just the Latest Lie From Ron Johnson
‘Just the Latest in a Decade Long Track Record of Deception and Disinformation’
MADISON, Wis. — Republican U.S. Senator Ron Johnson broke another promise this weekend, announcing a re-election bid after promising in 2016 this would be his last term in office. It’s the latest incident in what has been a decade plus of disinformation and deception in public office.
When an elected official makes a promise, they should be held accountable for it, and Ron Johnson has proved, again, he cannot be trusted to meet that basic expectation from the people of Wisconsin.
“Ron Johnson’s 2016 pledge that he would not run again was an empty promise, and not his first. This is just the latest in over a decade of deception and disinformation from this guy.
“In saying among the reasons he chose to break his promise not to seek a third term is the COVID-19 pandemic, Ron Johnson has encapsulated what his career has been about. He has been responsible for spreading harmful misinformation about the pandemic, speaking publicly in opposition to the life-saving vaccine and voting more than once to block vital COVID relief funds from being released to Wisconsin residents grappling with the adverse effects of a global pandemic.”
“And all the while he’s been enriching himself and his wealthy donors, at the expense of Wisconsin families.
“Ron Johnson has shown over his years in office that he isn’t just deceitful, he’s dangerous.”
- Bernie Sanders Endorses Barnes for US Senate - Rich Kremer - Jul 18th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: Will Senate Democratic Debate Change Race? - Bruce Murphy - Jul 18th, 2022
- Small Business Owners Grill Democratic Senate Candidates - Erik Gunn - Jun 28th, 2022
- Murphy’s Law: Which Democrat Can Beat Ron Johnson? - Bruce Murphy - Jun 20th, 2022
- Op Ed: GOP Needs Alternative to Ron Johnson - David Irwin - Feb 9th, 2022
- Lasry, Godlewski Spend Heavily on Campaigns - Shawn Johnson - Feb 2nd, 2022
- Ron Johnson Dramatically Underperforms in First Finance Report Since Announcing for Reelection - Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes - Feb 1st, 2022
- Re-election Bid Just the Latest Lie From Ron Johnson - A Better Wisconsin Together - Jan 10th, 2022
- Alex Lasry Releases New Digital Ad Targeting Ron Johnson - Alex Lasry - Jan 10th, 2022
- Ron Johnson Explains Run For Reelection - Laurel White - Jan 9th, 2022
Read more about 2022 U.S. Senate Race here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by A Better Wisconsin Together
Individuals Who Participated in Wisconsin Election Sabotage Scheme Advising Gubernatorial Candidate Kleefisch
Michael Gableman’s Free Lunch: Sham Election Inquiry Bills Taxpayers for Over $1,000 in Meals in November 2021Jan 24th, 2022 by A Better Wisconsin Together
‘Far Past Time to Put an End to This Gravy Train’