It’s time to re-open City Hall
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy May 10, 2021
Our city, state, and people around the country have been feeling the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic for over a year, but while the virus remains present, the bigger picture signs are encouraging. The average positivity rate remains below 5%, hospitalizations continue to be low, and the amount of people who are partially or fully vaccinated continues to steadily increase.
I believe if it is safe for residents to visit a museum, dine out, or patronize other local businesses while following proper safety measures, then they should also be able to visit City Hall while following those same safety guidelines.
In instances such as these, the City should always lead by example. An important part of returning to a normal, post-pandemic environment is starting to take the appropriate steps in that direction, and now is the time to re-open the people’s house to the public.
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
- DHS Launches Free Telehealth Service for COVID-19 Treatment - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 2nd, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 28th, 2022
- New COVID-19 Boosters Available for Children - Graham Kilmer - Oct 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Rising New COVID-19 Variants A Concern - Graham Kilmer - Oct 22nd, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Increasing In Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Oct 14th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Oct 14th, 2022
- Widespread Immunity Key To Fighting Next COVID-19 Variant - Graham Kilmer - Oct 13th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Michael Murphy
Joint statement from Alderman Michael J. Murphy and Alderman Robert J. Bauman
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy November 1, 2022