It’s time to re-open City Hall
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy May 10, 2021
Our city, state, and people around the country have been feeling the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic for over a year, but while the virus remains present, the bigger picture signs are encouraging. The average positivity rate remains below 5%, hospitalizations continue to be low, and the amount of people who are partially or fully vaccinated continues to steadily increase.
I believe if it is safe for residents to visit a museum, dine out, or patronize other local businesses while following proper safety measures, then they should also be able to visit City Hall while following those same safety guidelines.
In instances such as these, the City should always lead by example. An important part of returning to a normal, post-pandemic environment is starting to take the appropriate steps in that direction, and now is the time to re-open the people’s house to the public.
- COVID-19 vaccination clinic and meal giveaway to occur June 23 - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Jun 21st, 2021
- Supervisor Coggs-Jones and Community Huddle to Host COVID-19 Vaccination Drive - Sup. Priscilla E Coggs-Jones - Jun 21st, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 Cases at Historic Low - Graham Kilmer - Jun 18th, 2021
- DHS Now Tracking SARS-CoV-2 Variant of Concern B.1.617.2, the Delta Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 16th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Host Second Vaccine Clinic on June 17 - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 15th, 2021
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Michael Murphy
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy and Alderman Cavalier Johnson
Statement from Alderman Michael J. Murphy and Alderman Cavalier Johnson