In-person early voting starts today
The start of in-person early voting in Wisconsin begins today – Tuesday, October 20th. Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is urging all Milwaukee residents to take advantage of this early voting opportunity to cast their ballot. Early voting will run from October 20th through November 1st, and voter registration is still available at in-person voting sites but proper proof of residence is required. Proof of residence may include: a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or state ID; any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit; a utility bill for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day; bank or credit card statements; and a paycheck or paystub. For a full list of acceptable proof of residence documents please click here.
There are 14 early voting sites in Milwaukee this year, and polling hours differ by location. A photo ID is required to vote. The voting sites and times are as follows.
Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. & Saturday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building, 841 N. Broadway, Room 102
- Midtown Center, N. 58th Street & W. Capitol Drive
- Zablocki Library, 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave.
Monday & Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Bay View Library, 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Cannon Park Pavilion, 303 N. 95th St.
- Clinton Rose Senior Center, 3045 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr.
- East Library, 2320 N. Cramer St.
- Good Hope Library, 7717 W. Good Hope Rd.
- Mitchell Street Library, 906 W. Historic Mitchell St.
- Tippecanoe Library, 3912 S. Howell Ave.
- Villard Square Library, 5190 N. 35th St.
- Washington Park Library, 2121 N. Sherman Blvd.
Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Student Union, 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd.
Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. starting on Wednesday, October 21st
Independence First and Manitoba School are by appointment only. Appointment requests will be considered after October 20th. Please note requests are honored based on the voter’s inability to vote at any of the other sites during the scheduled voting hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- Independence First, 540 S. 1st St.
- Manitoba School, 4040 W. Forest Home Ave.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Spindell Gets Second Term on Elections Commission - Henry Redman - Apr 30th, 2021
- A Tale of Two Elections - Melanie Conklin - Apr 26th, 2021
- Elections Commission Head Saw No Problems in Green Bay - Megan Hart - Mar 31st, 2021
- ‘Kraken’ Lawsuits Not Based on Facts - Graham Kilmer - Mar 23rd, 2021
- Republicans Attack Zuckerberg Election Grants Again - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2021
- Supreme Court Brushes Off Trump Election Challenge - Graham Kilmer - Mar 8th, 2021
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here