In-person early voting starts today
The start of in-person early voting in Wisconsin begins today – Tuesday, October 20th. Common Council President Cavalier Johnson is urging all Milwaukee residents to take advantage of this early voting opportunity to cast their ballot. Early voting will run from October 20th through November 1st, and voter registration is still available at in-person voting sites but proper proof of residence is required. Proof of residence may include: a current and valid Wisconsin Driver License or state ID; any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit; a utility bill for the period commencing no earlier than 90 days before Election Day; bank or credit card statements; and a paycheck or paystub. For a full list of acceptable proof of residence documents please click here.
There are 14 early voting sites in Milwaukee this year, and polling hours differ by location. A photo ID is required to vote. The voting sites and times are as follows.
Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. & Saturday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building, 841 N. Broadway, Room 102
- Midtown Center, N. 58th Street & W. Capitol Drive
- Zablocki Library, 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave.
Monday & Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Thursday & Friday from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday – Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Bay View Library, 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave.
- Cannon Park Pavilion, 303 N. 95th St.
- Clinton Rose Senior Center, 3045 N. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr.
- East Library, 2320 N. Cramer St.
- Good Hope Library, 7717 W. Good Hope Rd.
- Mitchell Street Library, 906 W. Historic Mitchell St.
- Tippecanoe Library, 3912 S. Howell Ave.
- Villard Square Library, 5190 N. 35th St.
- Washington Park Library, 2121 N. Sherman Blvd.
Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Student Union, 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd.
Monday – Saturday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. starting on Wednesday, October 21st
Independence First and Manitoba School are by appointment only. Appointment requests will be considered after October 20th. Please note requests are honored based on the voter’s inability to vote at any of the other sites during the scheduled voting hours. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
- Independence First, 540 S. 1st St.
- Manitoba School, 4040 W. Forest Home Ave.
- Trump Campaign Objects to Over 160,000 County Ballots - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Recount Releases First Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- ‘MAGA’ Rally in Wauwatosa Gathers Hundreds - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Day Three of Recount Brings Increasing Speed - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Recount Day Two Brings Objections, Gridlock - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2020
- Friday Photos: Inside the Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- No Ballots Counted On First Day of Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- What To Expect With Milwaukee’s Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 19th, 2020
- State Recount Turns Into Partisan Battle - Ruth Conniff - Nov 19th, 2020
- WEC Orders Presidential Election Recount - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Nov 19th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
Statement of Common Council President Cavalier Johnson November 23, 2020