Gov. Evers Announces the Launch of the Pharmacy Distribution Program for Long-Term Care
First on-site COVID-19 vaccinations at skilled nursing facilities begin today
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today announced the start of on-site vaccinations at skilled nursing facilities as part of the Pharmacy Partnership Program for Long-Term Care. This private-public partnership pairs eligible long-term care facilities with Walgreens or CVS to provide free, on-site COVID-19 vaccination for residents and staff. The pharmacies will provide complete vaccine management for the facilities including storage and handling, scheduling, administration, and meeting reporting requirements.
“This partnership will help reduce the strain on our long-term care facilities and help deliver the vaccine to those in higher-risk populations,” said Gov. Evers. “Protecting our most vulnerable Wisconsinites is a top priority and will be a critical step for the success of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 Vaccine Program.”
“As we have seen throughout this pandemic, nursing home residents are susceptible to severe outcomes from COVID-19,” said Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. “That is why we coordinated with our federal partners and proactively reserved enough vaccine doses to advance this important program to protect some of our most vulnerable residents.”
DHS expects the program to continue at participating facilities for approximately two months. After this initial phase of vaccinations, facilities may continue working with the federal pharmacy partner they were matched with or shift to another pharmacy provider that is enrolled with the state to provide COVID-19 vaccine.
The COVID-19 vaccination process continues to change rapidly and DHS will continue to provide updates on vaccine information as they become available. For up-to-date information, please visit the DHS COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.
- DHS Provides Update on Omicron Variant - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 3rd, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Brandon R. Romo - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2021
- Americans for Prosperity Calls on Gov. Evers to Protect WI Workers Against Misguided Vaccine & Testing Mandates - AFP Wisconsin - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Protecting against a new variant - Common Council President Cavalier Johnson - Dec 2nd, 2021
- Get Vaccinated, Get Your Photo With Championship Trophy - Annie Mattea - Dec 1st, 2021
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Karen Timberlake’s Statement on CDC’s Recommendation of Booster Doses for All Adults - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Nov 30th, 2021
- Advisory from the City of Milwaukee Commissioner of Health - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 30th, 2021
- State Health Officials Await Data On Omicron - Rich Kremer - Nov 30th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor Master Trooper Daniel Stainbrook - Gov. Tony Evers - Nov 29th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Delivers on Promise to do What’s Best for Kids, Invests $110 Million in Wisconsin Kids and SchoolsDec 2nd, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Funding directed by the governor to provide new, additional funding to every school district in Wisconsin