Gov. Evers Announces the Launch of the Pharmacy Distribution Program for Long-Term Care
First on-site COVID-19 vaccinations at skilled nursing facilities begin today
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today announced the start of on-site vaccinations at skilled nursing facilities as part of the Pharmacy Partnership Program for Long-Term Care. This private-public partnership pairs eligible long-term care facilities with Walgreens or CVS to provide free, on-site COVID-19 vaccination for residents and staff. The pharmacies will provide complete vaccine management for the facilities including storage and handling, scheduling, administration, and meeting reporting requirements.
“This partnership will help reduce the strain on our long-term care facilities and help deliver the vaccine to those in higher-risk populations,” said Gov. Evers. “Protecting our most vulnerable Wisconsinites is a top priority and will be a critical step for the success of Wisconsin’s COVID-19 Vaccine Program.”
“As we have seen throughout this pandemic, nursing home residents are susceptible to severe outcomes from COVID-19,” said Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. “That is why we coordinated with our federal partners and proactively reserved enough vaccine doses to advance this important program to protect some of our most vulnerable residents.”
DHS expects the program to continue at participating facilities for approximately two months. After this initial phase of vaccinations, facilities may continue working with the federal pharmacy partner they were matched with or shift to another pharmacy provider that is enrolled with the state to provide COVID-19 vaccine.
The COVID-19 vaccination process continues to change rapidly and DHS will continue to provide updates on vaccine information as they become available. For up-to-date information, please visit the DHS COVID-19 Vaccine webpage.
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Supervisor Goodwin Calls on Legislature and Governor Evers to Enact Wisconsin Stimulus Package - Sup. Shawn Rolland - Feb 22nd, 2021
- WI Daily: 403 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 21st, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Pharmacy technicians, students allowed to administer vaccines under certain conditions