Flynn Statement on the Illinois Foxconn Lawsuit Against EPA
"I continue to believe that this deal must be stopped."
“The Attorney General of Illinois plans to sue the Environmental Protection Agency over exempting Foxconn from important environmental regulations. I want to know why Illinois leaders are taking more interest in the environment of Wisconsin than Scott Walker. Why does Wisconsin’s own governor not care about the harmful impacts of this deal on his state?
“The environmental impact of Foxconn’s proposed plan would be catastrophic for Wisconsin. Foxconn, a Chinese company that has failed to comply with China’s lax regulations, is being give special treatment by the Trump and Walker administrations.
“I continue to believe that this deal must be stopped. I will use litigation to block the Foxconn deal. As I have said, foreign corporations can come to Wisconsin, but they must follow the same laws that all other businesses here follow.”
Matt Flynn is a Navy veteran, attorney, and former Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. He graduated from law school at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
For additional information, visit www.ForwardWithFlynn.com.
Forward With Flynn
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: Foxconn Facility Could Help in Pandemic - James Rowen - Mar 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: The Foxconn Road to Ruin - James Rowen - Mar 9th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Matt Flynn
"Philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin support tens of thousands of people every year."
Retired Archbishop Rembert Weakland confirmed that neither Flynn nor any lawyers were involved in transfers of abusive priests.
Democratic challenger has raised nearly $700,000 since the start of the campaign