Flynn Statement on the Illinois Foxconn Lawsuit Against EPA
"I continue to believe that this deal must be stopped."
“The Attorney General of Illinois plans to sue the Environmental Protection Agency over exempting Foxconn from important environmental regulations. I want to know why Illinois leaders are taking more interest in the environment of Wisconsin than Scott Walker. Why does Wisconsin’s own governor not care about the harmful impacts of this deal on his state?
“The environmental impact of Foxconn’s proposed plan would be catastrophic for Wisconsin. Foxconn, a Chinese company that has failed to comply with China’s lax regulations, is being give special treatment by the Trump and Walker administrations.
“I continue to believe that this deal must be stopped. I will use litigation to block the Foxconn deal. As I have said, foreign corporations can come to Wisconsin, but they must follow the same laws that all other businesses here follow.”
Matt Flynn is a Navy veteran, attorney, and former Chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin. He graduated from law school at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
For additional information, visit www.ForwardWithFlynn.com.
Forward With Flynn
- Op Ed: Foxconn Shows Folly of Cheesehead Revolution - Dan Shafer - May 12th, 2021
- Foxconn Deal Doesn’t Reduce Local Government Risk - Corri Hess - May 3rd, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: The True Costs of New Foxconn Deal - Bruce Murphy - Apr 28th, 2021
- The State of Politics: All Sides Won On New Foxconn Deal - Steven Walters - Apr 26th, 2021
- New Foxconn Deal Cuts Incentives By $2.77 Billion - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Approval of Revised Foxconn Contract - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 20th, 2021
- New Foxconn and WEDC Agreement Provides Flexibility and Clarity for Renewed Tech Investments in Science and Technology Park - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces Renegotiated Foxconn Contract to Save Taxpayers $2.77 Billion - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Statement on Foxconn Announcement - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Apr 19th, 2021
- Evers Announces New, Smaller Foxconn Deal - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Matt Flynn
"Philanthropic organizations in Wisconsin support tens of thousands of people every year."
Retired Archbishop Rembert Weakland confirmed that neither Flynn nor any lawyers were involved in transfers of abusive priests.
Democratic challenger has raised nearly $700,000 since the start of the campaign