Council could back legislation requiring federal law enforcement officers to wear visible identification
Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs is introducing for immediate adoption Common Council legislation urging Congress to approve Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s (NY-14) legislation to require federal law enforcement officers to wear visible identification markers while on duty.
The Law Enforcement Identification Transparency Act of 2020 would require all federal and local law enforcement officers to identify their name, agency, and badge number on their uniform at all times while on duty or serving the public.
The file will be before the full Common Council at its next regularly scheduled meeting on Tuesday, July 28 at 9 a.m.
The virtual meeting will be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
- Federal “Surge” Is At Least 25 Agents - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 29th, 2020
- City Hall: Milwaukee Federal Agent “Surge” Nothing New? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 27th, 2020
- Op Ed: Trump Has Enormous “Emergency” Powers - Matt Rothschild - Jul 27th, 2020
- League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County Statement on Deployment of Federal Law Enforcement Officers to Milwaukee - League of Women Voters of Milwaukee County - Jul 27th, 2020
- Special Public Safety and Health Committee meeting set for Monday, July 27 - Ald. Marina Dimitrijevic - Jul 25th, 2020
- Common Council opposes divisive and unwanted federal action in Milwaukee - Ald. Khalif Rainey - Jul 24th, 2020
- MPD responds to reported deployment of federal agents in Milwaukee - Milwaukee Police Department - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Trump Sending Federal Agent “Surge” to Milwaukee, State, Local Officials React - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Mayor Tom Barrett released the following statement: - Mayor Tom Barrett - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Council could back legislation requiring federal law enforcement officers to wear visible identification - Ald. Milele Coggs - Jul 23rd, 2020
Read more about Federal Agent Surge here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Milele Coggs
Would require any development or business downtown requesting City assistance to invest in surrounding area
Alderwoman Coggs says exciting list includes new MLK Library and Five Points Lofts projects