Committee sets public hearing for next week on ARPA funding preferences
Statement from Alderman Michael J. Murphy and Alderman Cavalier Johnson
Members of the public will be able to provide testimony next week before the Finance and Personnel Committee during a special virtual public hearing on how the City of Milwaukee should use funds from its $394 million American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) allocation.
We strongly recommend that citizens take advantage of this unique opportunity to weigh in on uses for this once-in-a-generation federal relief funding. We value your input and want to hear from you and your neighbors from across all parts of Milwaukee!
The hearing will begin at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26th.
Testimony must be made by phone or internet. Those wishing to provide oral testimony must register ahead of time prior to 3 p.m. on the day of the hearing. Registration to provide testimony will close at 3 p.m. on the day of the meeting. Please visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5725735803904549132 for information on how to register and access the virtual webinar platform.
This is a virtual meeting. Those wishing to view the proceedings are able to do so via the City Channel – Channel 25 on Spectrum Cable – or on the Internet at http://city.milwaukee.gov/citychannel.
- Transportation: Construction Underway on Traffic Calming Projects - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 12th, 2022
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Seeking Affordable Housing Developers Who Need Funding - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 25th, 2022
- Transportation: Milwaukee Seeks Partners On Project Lowering Speed Limits - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 1st, 2022
- City Hall: ARPA Funds Can’t Plug City Budget Hole - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 15th, 2022
- Plats and Parcels: City Seeks Firms To Transform Vacant Homes - Jeramey Jannene - May 1st, 2022
- Transportation: DPW Plans Surge of Traffic-Calming Bump Outs - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 26th, 2022
- City Hall: Federal Grant Could Help Stave Off 1,300 Layoffs - Jeramey Jannene - Apr 14th, 2022
- Transportation: DPW Unveils 16 Traffic Calming Projects - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 2nd, 2021
- City Hall: Committee Recommends Few Budget Amendments - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 28th, 2021
- City Hall: Council Adopts $179 Million Rescue Plan Package - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 21st, 2021
Read more about American Rescue Plan Act here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Michael Murphy
Joint statement from Alderman Michael J. Murphy and Alderman Robert J. Bauman
Statement of Alderman Michael J. Murphy November 1, 2022