Christian Saldivar applauds Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley’s leadership on CARES Funding to help those in need during COVID-19 pandemic
“As a candidate for the State Assembly on Milwaukee’s South Side, I want to thank and support Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley for his leadership on making important decisions for the allocation of CARES pandemic relief funding,” stated Saldivar.
Crowley voted for the CARES package as a State Legislator, joining others from the Milwaukee delegation like Senator Tim Carpenter, Chris Larson, Representative Riemer, Representative Goyke, Sinicki, Zamarripa, et al.
“My opponent is one of the only State Legislators, either Democrat or Republican, who voted against the pandemic relief package. To me, this is irresponsible and short-sighted and not representative of the needs of Milwaukee South Side residents who are facing tough circumstances as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.”
Incumbent Marisabel Cabrera, 9th Assembly District, voted against:
★ Millions of dollars for worker’s expanded unemployment benefits.
★ 3.5 million for a partnership with Employ Milwaukee and WRTP/Big Step to help folks needing a job.
★ $7 million in small business assistance through Milwaukee County
★ Over $25 million to help fill emergency shortfalls at the House of Correction and Criminal Justice Facility
★ Important public health dollars allocated to groups like 16th Street Community Health Center located in the 9th Assembly District.
All of this and more, and Representative Cabrera makes excuses to the voters in recent comments by claiming that more could be done. No legislative package is going to be perfect, just ask Nancy Pelosi about that. There needs to be negotiation and compromise. Instead, Cabrera just checked out and voted “NO”.
That is not what leadership looks like in a pandemic. I continue to go door-to-door and talk to my fellow citizens and ta payers, many who have said they never see or hear from the incumbent. I promise to make district listening sessions and regular constituent outreach a central part of my public service as the next State Representative for Milwaukee’s 9th Assembly District.
Authorized paid for by Vote Christian Saldivar
- State Rep. Marisabel Cabrera addresses opponent’s misleading “Trump-style” attacks in campaign - State Rep. Marisabel Cabrera - Jul 30th, 2020
- Christian Saldivar applauds Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley’s leadership on CARES Funding to help those in need during COVID-19 pandemic - Christian Saldivar - Jul 28th, 2020
Read more about 9th District State Assembly Race here
- Cases Down, Deaths Higher in Nursing Homes - Erik Gunn - Jan 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: Record 128 COVID-19 Deaths - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 16th, 2021
- Cocktails To Go Bill Enjoys Industry Support - Graham Kilmer - Jan 15th, 2021
- WI Daily: 2,269 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, Gov. Whitmer, and Gov. Walz: Trump Administration Must Purchase More Vaccines, Allow States to Purchase Directly - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 15th, 2021
- Supervisor Wasserman Receives Second Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine - Sup. Sheldon Wasserman - Jan 15th, 2021
- State Starts $300 Unemployment Supplements - Rachael Vasquez - Jan 15th, 2021
- Wisconsin Creating Mobile Vaccination Teams - Graham Kilmer - Jan 15th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces DHS Assisted Living Facilities Will Begin Federal Pharmacy Partnership Program to Receive COVID-19 Vaccines - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jan 15th, 2021
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Rent Down 1% Locally Since Start of Pandemic - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 15th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here