Americans for Prosperity – Wisconsin Responds to Gov. Evers’ Budget Proposal, Urges Fiscal Restraint
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) released a statement following Governor Tony Evers’ recent biennial budget. Evers’ proposal included a laundry list of partisan, harmful policies that tax and spends Wisconsin into a fiscal nightmare.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement in response:
“Governor Evers’ budget is a cocktail of corporate welfare, tax hikes, unsustainable spending, and a collection of items picked from a partisan wish list that have no place in a budget and only advance long standing partisan goals. It represents the greatest policy assault on small businesses in a generation. After a cursory review, we can only come to one conclusion – the legislature must reject Governor Evers’ budget outright and start over.
“We look forward to working with the Joint Committee on Finance and Legislature to ensure a budget that meets the needs of Wisconsin citizens and our recovering economy. AFP – Wisconsin will continue to work with and educate grassroots activists across the entire state to ensure their voices are heard throughout the budget process. ”
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org or (571) 329-0161.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
- Evers’ Capital Budget Spends $2.4 Billion - Shawn Johnson and Rich Kremer - Feb 22nd, 2021
- The State of Politics: The Debate Over Local Sales Taxes - Steven Walters - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Evers Budget Restores Union Rights - Shawn Johnson - Feb 22nd, 2021
- Statement on Wisconsin Budget Proposal - Wisconsin Federation for Children - Feb 19th, 2021
- BLOC Responds to Evers’ Budget Address - Black Leaders Organizing for Communities - Feb 19th, 2021
- Gov. Evers’ Badger Bounceback Agenda Receives Bipartisan Praise, Support - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 18th, 2021
- Americans for Prosperity – Wisconsin Responds to Gov. Evers’ Budget Proposal, Urges Fiscal Restraint - AFP Wisconsin - Feb 17th, 2021
- Senator Bradley: Scrap Governor Evers’ Budget, Start From Scratch - State Sen. Julian Bradley - Feb 17th, 2021
- Construction Business Group Supports Governor Evers’ State Budget Proposal - Construction Business Group - Feb 17th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Unveils $91 Billion Budget - Shawn Johnson and Laurel White - Feb 16th, 2021
Read more about 2021-2023 Wisconsin Budget here