Americans for Prosperity Launches Robust Grassroots Thank You Campaign for Legislators’ Leadership Amid Major Budget Battle
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) today announced its expansive grassroots campaign to thank legislators who fought for Wisconsin taxpayers, businesses, and families during this year’s major budget battle. Wisconsin legislators worked tirelessly to pass a strong, fiscally conservative budget, which includes one of the largest income tax cuts in state history—putting more money back in the pockets of hardworking families.
The first wave of this grassroots campaign will cover at least ten legislative districts across the state where policymakers stood up for their constituents and showed leadership to make the budget sound prior to its passage. The robust, layered investment will include AFP-WI’s signature door-to-door outreach supplemented with paid media.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement:
“Wisconsinites across the state deserve to know how principled legislators worked to improve our state budget and protect taxpayers, students, and families. Governor Evers sent the legislature a budget that failed Wisconsinites. He pushed for massive tax hikes, out-of-control spending on political pet projects at our expense, and education policies that would have failed our students.
Following Gov. Evers’ signing of the biennial budget, AFP and MacIver Institute highlight Legislature’s commitment to tax relief.
In June, Americans for Prosperity called for the passage of a fiscally responsible budget.
In February, Americans for Prosperity responded to Gov. Evers’ budget proposal, urging fiscal restraint.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.
- Americans for Prosperity Launches Robust Grassroots Thank You Campaign for Legislators’ Leadership Amid Major Budget Battle - AFP Wisconsin - Jul 26th, 2021
- ‘Governor Wins’ on State Budget? - Laurel White - Jul 13th, 2021
- Evers Offers GOP a Second Chance to Fund Schools - Ruth Conniff - Jul 11th, 2021
- Evers Tinkers With Tax Cut - Erik Gunn - Jul 10th, 2021
- Bipartisan Efforts Honor AmeriCorps Members’ Service by Exempting the Segal Education Award from State Income Tax - Serve Wisconsin - Jul 9th, 2021
- AARP WI frustrated but optimistic that budget proposals helping those 50-plus will be addressed by separate legislation this fall - AARP Wisconsin - Jul 9th, 2021
- Sen. Larson Statement on Gov. Evers’ Partial Budget Veto - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 8th, 2021
- Republicans on JFC Reject Governor Evers’ Healthy Women, Healthy Babies Proposal in State Budget in Advance of Vote in Assembly - Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin - Jun 29th, 2021
- The State of Politics: Tax Cut Has Democrats Playing Defense - Steven Walters - Jun 28th, 2021
- School Officials, Families Blast GOP Budget - Madeline Fox - Jun 22nd, 2021
Read more about 2021-2023 Wisconsin Budget here