Americans for Prosperity Activates its Grassroots to Combat Gov. Evers’ Proposed Venture Capital Fund
MADISON, WI—Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin (AFP-WI) today announced its committed to combat Governor Evers’ proposed $100 million public venture capital fund included in his state budget. The grassroots group and its dedicated activists across the state have already begun reaching members of the Joint Finance Committee and their state legislators to reject the risky and fiscally irresponsible, venture capital slush fund from the state budget.
AFP-WI State Director Eric Bott issued the following statement:
“The venture capital fund included in Gov. Evers’ state budget would jeopardize millions of taxpayer dollars with no guaranteed payoff for Wisconsinites. Instead of enacting one of Evers’ bloated wish list items designed to benefit only a few politically well-connected, our lawmakers should work to level the playing field so all businesses can succeed. We urge the legislature to reject Governor Evers’ budget proposal.”
For further information or an interview, reach Nicole Tardif at NTardif@afphq.org.
Through broad-based grassroots outreach, Americans for Prosperity (AFP) is driving long-term solutions to the country’s biggest problems. AFP activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping one another. AFP recruits and unites Wisconsinites behind a common goal of advancing policies that will help people improve their lives. For more information, visit www.
- Republican Lawmakers Advance $3.4 Billion Tax Cut - Laurel White - Jun 18th, 2021
- Americans for Prosperity Activates its Grassroots to Combat Gov. Evers’ Proposed Venture Capital Fund - AFP Wisconsin - Jun 7th, 2021
- GOP Lawmakers Cut Evers’ Special Ed Funding Proposal - Ruth Conniff - May 24th, 2021
- Dems Object to GOP Slashing State Budget Provisions - Erik Gunn - May 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Republicans Slash Gov. Tony Evers’ Liberal Wish List - Republican Party of Wisconsin - May 6th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining: Statement on Joint Committee on Finance Removal of Important Provisions from State Budget - State Rep. Robyn Vining - May 6th, 2021
- Republicans Cut Billions from Evers’ Budget Proposal - Shawn Johnson - May 6th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Calls on Wisconsinites to Contact Their Legislators - Gov. Tony Evers - May 6th, 2021
- Americans For Prosperity – Wisconsin’s Statement on Forthcoming JFC Action on Gov. Evers’s Budget - AFP Wisconsin - May 5th, 2021
- GOP Sends Mixed Message To Evers - Melanie Conklin - May 4th, 2021
Read more about 2021-2023 Wisconsin Budget here