AG Kaul Statement on Kenosha Shooting
August 24, 2020
MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul today released the following statement regarding the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) led investigation into the officer-involved shooting in Kenosha on Sunday, August 23, 2020.
“The Wisconsin Department of Justice is vigorously and thoroughly investigating yesterday’s officer-involved shooting in Kenosha. As with all investigations we conduct, we will unwaveringly pursue justice in this case.
“I hope for a full recovery for the man fighting for his life. He and his family are in my thoughts, as is the entire Kenosha community.
“In most cases, including this case, Wisconsin state law grants primary prosecutorial authority to the district attorney, who decides whether to file charges. We will work closely with the Kenosha County District Attorney’s Office throughout this case.”
- Wisconsin Police Donated to Officer that Shot Jacob Blake - Jenny Peek and Corrinne Hess - Apr 16th, 2021
- Kenosha activists respond to tonight’s Officer Sheskey announcement - Leaders of Kenosha - Apr 13th, 2021
- Kenosha Police Department Statement on Officer Rusten Sheskey’s Return From Administrative Leave - Kenosha Police Department - Apr 13th, 2021
- Jacob Blake Sues Kenosha Officer Who Shot Him - Corri Hess - Mar 26th, 2021
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
- Barnes Rips Kenosha DA On Blake Shooting - Melanie Conklin - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs’ Statement on Decision to not Charge Officer Sheskey in Shooting of Jacob Blake - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Jan 6th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here
Recent Press Releases by Josh Kaul
April 20, 2021
April 20, 2021