AB 547: Wisconsin Goes from Winner to Wasteland in Conservation
"There is a reason why every organization that concerns itself with the health and quality of our wetlands does not support this bill."
Madison – Today the State Assembly passed AB 547 a bill that will destroy wetlands, endanger our wildlife especially for our sportsmen and fishermen, will degrade quality of our water, and worsen flooding throughout Wisconsin. Rep. Anderson released the following statement:
“Wisconsin is home to one of the world’s largest series of isolated wetlands. They are beautiful, they are the breeding grounds for wildlife, and they’re an amazing source of hunting, fishing and tourism for our state. AB 547 endangers these wetlands, infringes upon the rights of sportsmen and fishermen, and will exacerbate flooding throughout Wisconsin.”
“There is a reason why every organization that concerns itself with the health and quality of our wetlands does not support this bill. It’s unfortunate that we do not take heed of their obvious expertise but I guess it is difficult to hear them when you have wealthy developers using their, let’s call it influence, to keep you from hearing the truth.”
“If you are concerned with the environmental health of our state, if you believe in the public trust doctrine, if you want to preserve our state’s natural beauty, the vote is red. Unfortunately, for many of my colleagues, the green is just too tempting. Our state will suffer because of it.”
More about the SB 600 / AB 547
- Campaign Cash: Assembly Approves Rollback of Wetlands Protection - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Feb 19th, 2018
- Representative Spreitzer Votes Against Wetlands Rollback - State Rep. Mark Spreitzer - Feb 16th, 2018
- AB 547: Wisconsin Goes from Winner to Wasteland in Conservation - State Rep. Jimmy Anderson - Feb 15th, 2018
- Republicans Open the Flood Gates - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Dec 21st, 2017
- Op Ed: Wetlands Destruction Bill Targets Water, Wildlife - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Dec 19th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: Bill Would Let Utilities Destroy Wetlands - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Nov 8th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: Hunters, Wildlife Groups Oppose Wetlands Bill - Matt Rothschild - Oct 19th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: One Million Acres of Wetlands Endangered - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Oct 3rd, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Jimmy Anderson
"Paul Ryan has spent his nearly 20 years in Washington as Corrupt Robin Hood."
"Today is a huge victory for voting rights and democracy."