National Guard Activated for Security at State Capitol
FBI warning of armed groups planning protests at state capitols.
It’s been widely reported that the FBI has warned armed protests are being planned for capitols of all 50 states leading up to the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
Troops from the Wisconsin National Guard Reaction Force, who are trained to respond to calls for assistance on short notice, are being sent to the Capitol, according to a press release from Evers’ office. Earlier on Monday, windows on the first floor of the state capitol were boarded up, news station WEAU 13 reported.
“Once again, our state has asked our Citizen Soldiers in the Wisconsin National Guard to answer the call to keep our state, its citizens, and its institutions safe,” said Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, Wisconsin’s adjutant general.
- Black History and the Trump Uprising - Isiah Holmes - Jan 18th, 2021
- Authorities Monitoring State Capitol - WPR Staff - Jan 17th, 2021
- Statement Relating to 2018 Contribution to Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) - Wisconsin REALTORS® Association - Jan 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Scott Fitzgerald Has Very Bad Week - James Rowen - Jan 17th, 2021
- Uihleins Gave $4 Million to Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Melanie Conklin - Jan 16th, 2021
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
- Steil Votes Against Impeachment - U.S. Rep Bryan Steil - Jan 13th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here