National Guard Activated for Security at State Capitol
FBI warning of armed groups planning protests at state capitols.
It’s been widely reported that the FBI has warned armed protests are being planned for capitols of all 50 states leading up to the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.
Troops from the Wisconsin National Guard Reaction Force, who are trained to respond to calls for assistance on short notice, are being sent to the Capitol, according to a press release from Evers’ office. Earlier on Monday, windows on the first floor of the state capitol were boarded up, news station WEAU 13 reported.
“Once again, our state has asked our Citizen Soldiers in the Wisconsin National Guard to answer the call to keep our state, its citizens, and its institutions safe,” said Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, Wisconsin’s adjutant general.
- Murphy’s Law: The Vanishing Courage of Mike Gallagher - Bruce Murphy - May 11th, 2021
- Op Ed: Liz Cheney’s Profile In Courage - Dave Cieslewicz - May 9th, 2021
- Two Wisconsin Men Charged in Capitol Riot - Shawn Johnson - May 4th, 2021
- Kleefisch To Be Closing Act For Jan. 6th Conspiracy Theorist Keynote Address - Democratic Governors Association - Apr 14th, 2021
- Rebecca Kleefisch & Ron Johnson Share Stage With Speaker Who Called Capitol Attack “Staged” - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 14th, 2021
- Senator Ron Johnson Thanks Tom Nelson for Billboard near Mansion that Calls out his Racism - Tom Nelson - Mar 21st, 2021
- Sen. Warnock Offers to Help Johnson - Ruth Conniff - Mar 21st, 2021
- Op Ed: Boycott the Uline Corporation - Matt Rothschild - Mar 14th, 2021
- American Bridge 21st Century Calls on Ron Johnson to Resign Over Racist January 6 Comments - American Bridge 21st Century - Mar 12th, 2021
- Tiffany Pushed Election Lies, Report Notes - Henry Redman - Mar 6th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here