Wisconsin National Guard Troops Mobilized to Support Capitol Police in Madison
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today authorized the Wisconsin National Guard to support Wisconsin’s Capitol Police. Members of the Wisconsin National Guard will mobilize to state active duty to support safety and security efforts at the State Capitol in Madison.
The troops are part of the Wisconsin National Guard Reaction Force, which consists of troops trained to respond to requests for assistance on short notice. The Wisconsin National Guard will serve in a support role to local authorities and conduct a site security mission.
The mobilized troops will serve in a State Active Duty status in support of the Capitol Police. To protect operational security, the Wisconsin National Guard will not discuss troop numbers, movements, timelines, equipment, tactics, or procedures.
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
- Steil Votes Against Impeachment - U.S. Rep Bryan Steil - Jan 13th, 2021
- Wisconsin National Guard Troops Mobilizing to Nation’s Capital to Support Inauguration Security Efforts - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 13th, 2021
- County Republican Parties Shared War Rhetoric - Rich Kremer - Jan 13th, 2021
- Eau Claire Man Arrested in Capitol Riot - Urban Milwaukee - Jan 12th, 2021
- National Guard Activated for Security at State Capitol - Graham Kilmer - Jan 11th, 2021
- Wisconsin National Guard Troops Mobilized to Support Capitol Police in Madison - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 11th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here