3,341 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases in Wisconsin
ICU bed availability drops
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services reported the smallest number of new cases of COVID-19 and tests processed since March 30th on Sunday afternoon.
The state’s confirmed case count has grown to 3,341, an increase of 128 over Saturday’s total. The number of Wisconsin residents with tests processed over the past 24 hours was 1,364.
It could be a sign that the virus outbreak is getting under control. “The total number of outpatient visits, for whatever reason, are down in the state,” said Dr. Ryan Westergaard, Chief Medical Officer at the DHS Bureau of Communicable Diseases. “The number of respiratory visits to outpatient clinics are also down, so it’s certainly possible that there is not a lot of tests needing to be done that are going undone.”
It’s also possible that doctor’s haven’t expanded testing under the state’s new guidance. “If they think COVID-19 might be the diagnosis, they can feel free to order the test,” said Westergaard.
The death total from the disease has grown to 144, with seven deaths confirmed in the past 24 hours. According to state data, 88 of those deaths have been in Milwaukee County. The county has 179.2 cases per 100,000 residents, the highest rate in the state by over 75 cases per 100,000 residents.
A total of 35,916 people have tested negative for the disease.
The cumulative hospitalization rate is 29 percent, with 974 hospitalizations throughout the outbreak.
The number of intensive care unit beds did drop significantly day-over-day according to data from the Wisconsin Hospital Association. There are now 352 available ICU beds, down from 471 yesterday. That’s the lowest number reported since the data became public last week.
Charts and Maps
Wisconsin COVID-19 summary
|Status||Number (%) of People as of 4/12/2020|
|Negative Test Result||35,916|
|Positive Test Result||3,341|
Percent of COVID-19 cases by hospitalization status
|Hospitilization status||Number of confirmed cases as of 4/12/2020||Percent of confirmed cases as of 4/12/2020|
Confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths by race
|Race||Number of cases as of 4/12/2020||Percent of cases as of 4/12/2020||Number of deaths as of 4/12/2020||Percent of deaths as of 4/12/2020|
|Asian or Pacific Islander||81||2%||4||3%|
|Multiple or Other races||74||2%||0||0%|
Confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths by ethnicity
|Ethnicity||Number of cases as of 4/12/2020||Percent of cases as of 4/12/2020||Number of deaths as of 4/12/2020||Percent of deaths as of 4/12/2020|
|Hispanic or Latino||361||11%||4||3%|
|Not Hispanic or Latino||2,262||68%||138||96%|
Percent of COVID-19 cases and deaths by gender
|Gender||Confirmed Cases as of 4/12/2020||Deaths as of 4/12/2020|
Summary of COVID-19 cases by age group
|Age Group (Years)||Cases as of 4/12/2020||Ever hospitalized as of 4/12/2020||Any Intensive Care as of 4/12/2020||Deaths as of 4/12/2020|
Results by county
|Wisconsin County||Positive as of 4/12/2020||Negative as of 4/12/2020||Deaths as of 4/12/2020||Rate (positive cases per 100,000 people) as of 4/12/2020||Case fatality percentage (percent of cases who died) as of 4/12/2020|
|Fond du Lac||54||831||2||52.8||4%|
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Senator Baldwin and Representatives Moore, Kind, and Pocan Call on President Trump to Extend Full Federal Funding for Wisconsin National Guard to Fight COVID-19 Pandemic - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Aug 14th, 2020
- Are COVID-19 Deaths Higher Than We Think? - Erik Gunn - Aug 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Currently Suppressing COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- Unemployment Claims Below 1 Million Last Week - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- Transportation: Bus Capacity Increasing to 15 - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- UWM Professor Studying How To Improve Pandemic Communication - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing Hits Month Low - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 13th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Launch of COVID-19 Response and Recovery Investment Dashboard - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 13th, 2020
- Pandemic Aid Programs Are Failing Us - Princess Safiya Byers - Aug 13th, 2020
- Baldwin Rebukes Trump Admin Over Testing Shortages - Erik Gunn - Aug 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here