See Wisconsin’s Hospital Usage With New Dashboard
Interactive dashboard allows public daily insight into hospital capacity.
The interactive tool shows everything from statewide hospital bed and ventilator availability to how many hospitals have less than a seven-day supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks and gowns. It tracks 133 hospitals across the state.
The dashboard, updated daily at 10 a.m., shows the bed count and number of beds immediately available for the intensive care unit (ICU), intermediate care, “medical surgical” and negative flow isolation beds. It also shows current hospital admissions for COVID-19 cases. At the time of publication, Wisconsin has 1,311 ICU beds and 455 are available.
Most alarmingly, the dashboard shows the number of hospitals with seven days or less of PPE supplies. A total of 71 hospitals have less than a week supply of goggles, 66 have less than a week supply of face shields, 65 have less than a week supply of gowns, 49 have less than a week supply of N95 masks and 45 have less than week supply of paper medical masks.
It also incorporates Department of Health Services data, including the number of COVID-19 positive cases and deaths.
The dashboard offers filtering tools by region, including the nine-county, 29-hospital southeast region that Milwaukee falls in. The region includes Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Racine, Kenosha, Walworth, Fond du Lac and Sheboygan counties and encompasses six of the seven counties with the highest COVID-19 case totals in the state.
“This dashboard can help the public understand what hospitals and health systems have been doing to ramp up capacity for their communities, while also providing important data points for policymakers to inform future decision-making,” said WHA President and CEO Eric Borgerding in a press release announcing the new tool.
The tool does not identify capacity or shortages at specific hospitals.
The dashboard augments other data portals including the Department of Health Services COVID-19 website, the Milwaukee County Office of Emergency Management dashboard and the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner‘s portal.
You can view the Wisconsin Hospital Association Information Center’s dashboard on the organization’s website.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Are COVID-19 Deaths Higher Than We Think? - Erik Gunn - Aug 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee County Currently Suppressing COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- Unemployment Claims Below 1 Million Last Week - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- Transportation: Bus Capacity Increasing to 15 - Graham Kilmer - Aug 13th, 2020
- UWM Professor Studying How To Improve Pandemic Communication - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Testing Hits Month Low - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 13th, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces Launch of COVID-19 Response and Recovery Investment Dashboard - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 13th, 2020
- Pandemic Aid Programs Are Failing Us - Princess Safiya Byers - Aug 13th, 2020
- Baldwin Rebukes Trump Admin Over Testing Shortages - Erik Gunn - Aug 13th, 2020
- GOP Hasn’t Interfered With Mask Mandate - Shawn Johnson - Aug 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here