Can’t Beat Milwaukee in the Summer
Normally we would greet you on Monday with an urban advocacy piece, but we were a little too busy enjoying all that urban Milwaukee had to offer this weekend. While normally just one of these events would pass as a big entertainment attraction across every other Wisconsin city, urban Milwaukee had at least eight organized and noteworthy events going on this weekend. In short there were more entertainment options available than one could possibly attend. Please remember that when you champion urbanism, you not only advocate for a great place to work and live, but a great place to play.
In case you missed out here’s a list (in alphabetical order).
- Bradford Beach Jam – A party at the beach need we say more? Yes, there was an airshow overhead.
- Brady Street Festival – Once again Brady Street was full of people wandering from booth to booth.
- Gallery Night – The showcase event for Milwaukee’s art community. Every iteration seems to encompass a greater spread of galleries and the city.
- German Fest – Yet another of Milwaukee’s ethnic festivals that draws people to the city from across the state.
- Milwaukee Air & Water Show – Haven’t seen an official attendance number yet, but the view from my rooftop showed a packed lakefront, and the full city streets afterward indicate a very large crowd.
- Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park – average attendance this year at 38,418
- Riverwest 24 – 24 hour bike race with near 300 participants.
- The Great Downer Avenue Bike Race – 200 bikers doing a 90k race on the East Side.
If you didn’t make it down for the Milwaukee Air & Water Show here’s a video of what you missed.