There’s More Than Just Great Music at Summerfest
Summerfest's 2016 Food Lineup Offers Old Favorites and New Fare
MILWAUKEE (June 15, 2016) – A visit to Summerfest wouldn’t be complete without enjoying festival food from 45 of the best local and national vendors. From staples like Saz’s, who’ve been returning to the festival for over 30 years, to brand new vendors like Chubby’s Cheesesteaks, Summerfest’s 2016 Food Lineup (much like the music) truly offers something for everyone.
Summerfest is always looking to add new vendors and unique menu and beverage items to the delicious list, keeping industry trends and fan favorites in mind. This year is no exception, offering patrons plenty of unique choices, old favorites and vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
- Chubby’s Cheesesteaks – located in the Marcus Amphitheater Forecourt, Chubby’s Cheesesteaks will be offering festival fare classics like Loaded Tots, Cheese Fries and Chubby’s Cheeseburger, as well as signature items like Philly Nachos and 4 Cheese Cheesesteak.
- Divino – located in the Ethnic Village, Divino will be the place for Italian favorites like Chicken Alfredo, Italian Rice Balls, Fried Calamari and 10” Individual Specialty Pizzas.
- Lakeside Supper Club – Making its way to the Ethnic Village from its brick and mortar in Oconomowoc, Lakeside Supper Club will bring unique menu items to the mix like Pulled Pork Frachos, Mac and Cheese Burger, Lobster Corn Dog and Loaded Milk Shakes (Cookie Monster, Shamrock Grasshopper and Tiramisu).
- Uncle Jeff’s Kettle Corn – No festival is complete without this salty/sweet staple, located near the Harley-Davidson™ Roadhouse.
New Food Items
- Jumbo Filled Cupcakes, Mini Cupcake Samplers and Donut Cupcakes (that’s right, a donut on top of a cupcake!) – Classy Girl Cupcakes, located near the BMO Harris Pavilion
- Sriracha Chicken Tacos and Falafel Curry Tacos – Vagabond, located near the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard
- Prime Rib Chili Cheese Tater Tots – Ward’s House of Prime, located in the Ethnic Village
- Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce – Louise’s Trattoria, located in Water Street Brewery
- Deep Fried Old Fashioned (orange pound cake filled with brandy flavored cream cheese and then deep fried and topped with bitters whipped cream) – Trinity Three Irish Pubs, located near the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard.
- Mac Bottom Pizza (pizza on top of a deep fried macaroni and cheese crust)– Solo, located in the Marcus Amphitheater Forecourt
- Buffalo Chicken Eggrolls – AJ Bombers, located in the Northwestern Mutual Children’s Area
- Pesto Pepperoni Burger – Pitch’s & Miss Katie’s Diner, located in the Marcus Amphitheater Forecourt
New Beverage Offerings
Be a Taste Explorer – Stop by the Long Bar, located just south of the Mid Gate in the Miller Lite Oasis area, and purchase a flight of 4 MillerCoors’ products in 8 ounce portions. Patrons can choose from 13 different products ranging from Leinenkugel’s BeerGarten Tart to Henry’s Hard Soda (Ginger Ale and Orange).
Though there are plenty of new items and vendors to try during Summerfest 2016, fan favorites like Roasted Corn on the Cob from Anderson’s and Robby’s, Saz’s combo platter, Angelo’s Lasagna Sticks and Sil’s Mini Donuts (just to name a few) will be back again this year to make the Summerfest food experience complete. For a full list of vendors, new food and beverage items and vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options, visit summerfest.com/food-and-beverages.
Summerfest 2016 will take place June 29 – July 3 and July 5 – July 10 from noon until midnight and will be closed Monday, July 4. Following its 1968 debut, Summerfest has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration, bringing the music industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 850,000 people from Milwaukee and around the world together each year for an unforgettable live music experience. During the festival, the spotlight shines on over 800 acts, over 1,000 performances, 11 stages, delectable food and beverages and interactive activities, all in a world-class festival setting. Patrons can also enjoy Miller Lite, the Official Beer of Summerfest. For more details, visit Summerfest.com, Facebook.com/summerfest or Twitter: @Summerfest or download the 2016 Summerfest App.
Press Releases by Summerfest
Summerfest and ReverbNation Partner Again to Offer Free Artist Submission Platform for the 50th Edition of “The World’s Largest Music Festival” in 2017Dec 1st, 2016 by Summerfest
Submissions Now Open at ReverbNation.com
Red Hot Chili Peppers will Headline the Marcus Amphitheater on June 28 and P!nk will headline on July 2
Summerfest’s V.P. of Entertainment, Bob Babisch, wins Festival Buyer of the Year Award at the 2016 IEBA Conference in Nashville, TNOct 17th, 2016 by Summerfest
IEBA is the leading not-for-profit trade organization for live entertainment industry professionals who buy, book and sell talent.
Improvements will be completed for 2017 Festival Season and 50th Edition of Summerfest
Twelve Area Schools and Non-profit Organizations Will Receive Grants Totalling $25,000 for Music Education
A FREE Music Event to be Held on August 7, 2016