Betty Brinn Children’s Museum hosts free evening and Metcalfe Park neighborhood celebration on June 16
Northwestern Mutual Foundation partners with Museum to offer free admission and special activities
The Museum will offer free admission for all families from 5 – 8 p.m. along with workshops, activities and resource booths hosted by Metcalfe Park (a neighborhood bordered by 27th St. and 38th St., between North Ave. and Center St.) community agencies and organizations.
What: Neighborhood Night, the Museum’s free admission evening celebrating the Metcalfe Park neighborhood
Where: Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, 929 E. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee
When: Thursday, June 16; free admission from 5 – 8 p.m.
What: The evening’s activities include:
- The Museum’s fun, hands-on exhibits
- Planting the Museum’s balcony garden with the USDA Forest Service and the Museum’s Be A Maker staff
- Resource booths hosted by HOPE Christian School, Metcalfe Park Community Bridges, Middle Ground, Milwaukee College Prep, Milwaukee Public Library, Milwaukee Public Schools Department of Recreation and Community Services Department, Metcalfe Park Community Bridges, Next Door, Ralph H. Metcalfe School, Safe & Sound Inc., Wisconsin Black Historical Society and more
- Special performances by the Nefertari African Dance Company
- Free books for children (while supplies last), courtesy of Half Price Books
Free bus transportation from the Metcalfe Park neighborhood is available on a first-come first-served basis. Families may reserve spots by calling 414-390-5437, ext. 242. The bus will depart from the Fitzsimonds Boys and Girls Club, 3400 W. North Ave., at 4:30 p.m. and leave from the Museum at 7:30 p.m.
Neighborhood Night is held on the third Thursday of every month, features free admission from 5 – 8 p.m., and is presented by Northwestern Mutual Foundation with additional support provided by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s Heart of Canal Street program, US Bank and media sponsor FOX 6. Through a partnership with Northwestern Mutual Foundation, this year’s Neighborhood Night series includes three special evenings geared toward serving targeted neighborhoods: Amani (May 19), Metcalfe Park (June 16) and Muskego Way (October 20); and a Literacy Night July 21.
Press Releases by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
Families are invited to attend a 1950s-themed Valentine Ice Cream Social
It features fun activities, simulated game experiences, and trivia challenges that promote important educational concepts for children.
Approximately 200 Milwaukee-area students to preview event, participate in hands-on activities
Following is the calendar of events taking place in September, October, November and December 2016 at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum.
26-foot hydraulically activated sculpture of human hand moves cars, motorcycles, appliances and more
Field Trip Friday will provide 300 eligible students with the opportunity to meet and work with Faire exhibitors on September 23.