Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce Will Move Programming Online
Employers, resource organizations gather to develop veteran employment programs
MILWAUKEE – The Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce (WVCC) announced today it will postpone the following events for the coming month: the La Crosse Chamber Muster on March 24, Milwaukee Chamber Muster & Nonprofit Roundtable on March 26, Janesville Veterans in the Workforce on March 31, and the Brookfield Veterans in the Workforce Luncheon, April 9.
“Our first concern is the health and well being of our staff, members, and volunteers,” said Saul Newton, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce. “While we are disappointed to postpone these events, we will continue to serve and support our members and Wisconsin’s veteran business community through this crisis.”
Rescheduled dates will be announced once they are confirmed. At this time, normal activities and events in April and beyond are unchanged. In the meantime, the WVCC is working on remote learning opportunities. This will allow WVCC to continue their expansion throughout the state and offer remote training and classes for members and nonmembers. More information to come.
The Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce goal is to minimize the impact on our community by looking to public health experts for guidance relating to COVID-19. If the situation changes locally, the Wisconsin Chamber of Commerce will communicate any changes as soon as they become available.
- WI Daily: Wisconsin Reports Biggest One-Day COVID-19 Case Increase - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 4th, 2020
- Beware of Contact Tracing Scams - Bridgit Bowden - Jul 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Spread Keeps Accelerating in Wisconsin - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Milwaukee Moves Backward In Fight Against COVID-19 - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 3rd, 2020
- State Unemployment Insurance System Failing Many - Bram Sable-Smith - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Racial Disparities Found in Safer-At-Home Arrests - Edgar Mendez - Jul 3rd, 2020
- Johnson Discusses Small Business Recovery at Axios Virtual Event - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Jul 3rd, 2020
- The City of Milwaukee Phase 4 Assessment Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jul 3rd, 2020
- WI Daily: 14-Day Positive Case Rate Continues Upward Climb - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
- City Hall: What Should Or Shouldn’t Be in Milwaukee Mask Mandate? - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 2nd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce
SITE staffing recognized for commitment to helping employers to be “Veteran Ready”