Wisconsin Natural Resources Board Virtual Meeting Feb. 24
Deadline For Remote Appearance Requests And Written Comments 11 a.m. Feb. 17
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Natural Resources Board will meet virtually for the February board meeting to consider several proposed emergency rules and donations.
The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021, originating from Public Meeting Room G09, State Natural Resources Building (GEF 2), 101 S. Webster St., Madison, Wisconsin. The Board will act on items 1-4 and 7-8 as listed on the agenda.
The deadline for remote public appearance requests and written comments is 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2021.
The Board will be considering:
- Request adoption of Board Order WY-18-18, proposed rules affecting chapter NR 113 and 114 related to clarifying and streamlining certain regulatory requirements for septage servicing
- Request adoption of Board Order RR-10-17, proposed rules affecting chapters NR 700 to 799 related to implementation of 2015 Wisconsin Act 204 and 2017 Wisconsin Act 70, adequate direction for contaminated sediments, and other changes needed to update, clarify, and promote consistency within chapters NR 700 to 799
- Request adoption of Board Order WM-01-20, proposed rules affecting chapters NR 8 and 10 related to furbearer registration and tagging simplification
- Request that the Board approve the Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order WY-26-20(E) and Board Order WY-27-20 and conditionally approve the public hearing notice for WY-27-20 and notice of submittal of proposed rules to the Legislative Council Rules Clearinghouse, for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 114, 146, 520 and 524 to allow for third party administration of operator certification examinations
- Request that the Board approve the Statement of Scope for Emergency Board Order FH-28-20 (E) for proposed rules affecting chapters NR 20 and 25 related to Lake Michigan whitefish management.
- Request approval of Wisconsin’s Sturgeon Management Plan
- Request that the board approve revising white-tailed deer 3-year population objectives
The Board will also hear several informational items, including:
- Wisconsin Conservation Congress (WCC) 2021 Spring Hearing Advisory Questions
- Walleye Spring Hearings regulation proposal for lakes of concern in Oneida and Vilas Counties
The complete February board agenda is available on the DNR website.
You can watch the January NRB board meeting online here by clicking on this month’s meeting. You may also visit the NRB agenda webpage on the DNR website and click “NRB webcasts” under the Related Links column on the right side of the page. From there, click on this month’s meeting. After each board meeting, the webcast will be available on demand.