Wisconsin Center District Board Unanimously Passes Resolution Regarding Exposition Center Expansion
A broad estimate of the timeline for the project was also introduced.
MILWAUKEE, WI – (August 16, 2019) – In a meeting this morning, the Board of the Wisconsin Center District (WCD) voted unanimously to pass a resolution regarding expansion of the Wisconsin Center. The resolution raises the cap on agreements which the President and CEO and Board Chairman are authorized to enter into, to $1 million.
“Today’s vote was critical in keeping the Wisconsin Center expansion project moving forward appropriately,” said Marty Brooks, President and CEO of the Wisconsin Center District. “The unanimous vote and positive discussion surrounding the resolution made it clear that the city, county, and state are all very much in support of the expansion.”
A broad estimate of the timeline for the project was also introduced. With the Board approval of the resolution, the WCD will now focus on securing consultants and a third-party owner’s representative to manage and facilitate the project.
“We are very sensitive to the fact that timelines are fluid and are subject to market conditions,” said Jim Kanter, Chairman of the Board. “The purpose of presenting this timeline is to make sure we have a framework on paper which will allow us to be more nimble and ready to adjust when unforeseen variables come into play.”
The next board meeting is scheduled for Friday, October 16th, 2019.
Wisconsin Center District
Experience-obsessed and committed to creating unforgettable experiences, the Wisconsin Center District (WCD) is a quasi-governmental body that operates the Wisconsin Center, UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena and Miller High Life Theatre in downtown Milwaukee. WCD venues are within walking distance of leading hotels, retail establishments, attractions, dining, nightclubs and transportation. Created under Wisconsin State Statute in 1994. WCD offers captivating- and buzzworthy-experiences making Milwaukee a not-to-be-missed destination.
More about the Wisconsin Center expansion
- Plats and Parcels: River One Apartments Construction Starts in March - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 1st, 2019
- Convention Center Expansion Advances - Alana Watson - Aug 17th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Board Unanimously Passes Resolution Regarding Exposition Center Expansion - Wisconsin Center District - Aug 16th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: State Aids Convention Center Expansion - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 30th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: Convention Center Expansion Inches Forward - Graham Kilmer - May 20th, 2019
- Wisconsin Center District Updates Timeline for Completion of the Wisconsin Center - Wisconsin Center District - May 10th, 2019
- Evers Budget Overlooks Convention Center - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: About That New Convention Center Plan - Graham Kilmer - Jun 17th, 2018
- Plenty of Horne: Downtown Power Brokers Mull Expanded Convention Center - Michael Horne - May 15th, 2014