WAES Supports President’s American Rescue Plan
January 25, 2021. Statement regarding President Biden’s American Rescue Plan from Julie Underwood, President of the Wisconsin Alliance for Excellent Schools Board of Directors and Heather DuBois Bourenane, Executive Director of the Wisconsin Public Education Network.
The U.S. is entering the deadliest phase yet of this pandemic and the American Rescue Plan breaks through the half measures and false remedies that we have seen to date and puts in place the tools we will need to protect our families, neighbors and communities and to help schools reopen in a manner that is safe and based on science rather than political whim. Our schools should not be political footballs. The most precious educational resource that our students have are their teachers. Equally, the most precious educational resource that our communities have are the women and men who have educated generations of Wisconsin citizens and who have made this state as great as it is. They are our mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers. They are leaders in our communities and they and our students need the full measure of respect, safety, support and protection that our country can give them. The American Rescue Plan provides those cornerstones on which we can build.
The Wisconsin Alliance for Excellent Schools and the Executive Director of Wisconsin Public Education Network strongly support this plan and encourage our statewide partners to support it by contacting elected officials at the state and federal level.
- DHS Announces Groups Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccine on March 1 - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 25th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department Adjusts Testing Hours at American Family Field - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Feb 25th, 2021
- WI Daily: 747 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Creates 4 Community Vaccine Clinics - Megan Hart - Feb 24th, 2021
- State Vaccination Rate Increasing - Graham Kilmer - Feb 24th, 2021
- Wisconsin’s Emergency Powers Laws in Urgent Need of Reform - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 24th, 2021
- Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate - Souls to the Polls Milwaukee - Feb 24th, 2021
- WI Daily: 566 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff to Honor the More Than 6,300 Wisconsinites and 500,000 Americans Lost to COVID-19 - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 23rd, 2021
- WI Daily: 423 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Feb 22nd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Public Education Network
Advocates and experts from around the state will gather for 6th annual event.