VISIT Milwaukee launches Season of Giving Campaign
Timed with the International Day of Kindness, VISIT Milwaukee implores community to be kind to local businesses and shop local this holiday season
MILWAUKEE – (Nov. 13, 2020) While a vaccine for COVID-19 may soon be a reality, many hospitality businesses in Milwaukee are still hurting from the economic devastation wrought by the pandemic. Despite their best efforts to implement safety measures, according to the Wisconsin Restaurant Association, one in 10 restaurants have already been forced to close permanently. Thousands of Milwaukee hospitality workers are still unemployed and that number could grow as the winter months bring additional uncertainties.
Because of this, VISIT Milwaukee today announced its latest campaign, Season of Giving, to encourage local spending at restaurants, hotels, and shops as the holidays approach. Timed with the International Day of Kindness, VISIT Milwaukee hopes this campaign inspires kindness and generosity to our hospitality community today and throughout the holiday season.
There are many ways to support local businesses, but a few that may be especially timely include:
- Start your holiday shopping with this list of local shops, many of which offer online shopping.
- Order your Thanksgiving meal from a local restaurant. Find many restaurants offering the holiday meal here.
- Treat yourself or a loved one to a staycation at one of Milwaukee’s unique hotels through one of these package deals.
- Plan your next night out with family with this guide to outdoor winter dining.
- The festive spirit is still alive in Milwaukee despite the pandemic. Check out the holiday events page to find the perfect activity for you and your loved ones.
VISIT Milwaukee has always promoted patronizing local businesses to visitors, but this year everyone is staying closer to home and VISIT Milwaukee is doing the same. The Season of Giving campaign is targeted at those within the Milwaukee area and will run until through the end of the year. It includes paid social promotion, local media buys, and additional activations to be announced in the coming months.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Visit Milwaukee