UWM to shift mostly online after Thanksgiving break
MILWAUKEE _ The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has decided to shift to primarily remote instruction after Thanksgiving recess.
While UWM campuses have been relatively safe, the move comes as Wisconsin and the country have faced rapidly rising cases of COVID-19. The state has set records of new cases several times over the past week, and caseloads are threatening to overwhelm Wisconsin’s health care system. Gov. Tony Evers issued an executive order urging people to stay home, avoid gatherings and limit travel.
All UWM campuses will remain open. Residence halls and dining operations will be open both during and after break. However, per UW System guidance, there will be mandatory COVID-19 testing for those who leave for the Thanksgiving recess and return. Upon returning to campus, students must have two negative COVID-19 tests before returning to any in-person instruction.
Winterim courses will be primarily online. UWM plans to return to a mix of in-person, hybrid and online course-delivery options for the spring semester.
- State High Court Blocks School Closures - Erik Gunn - Jun 12th, 2021
- MKE County: Child COVID-19 Vaccination Rate Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jun 11th, 2021
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- DHS Community-Based Vaccination Clinics to Begin Ramping Down Operations - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 11th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Orders Flags to Half-Staff in Honor of Firefighter Joshua D. Fedie of the Boscobel Fire Department - Gov. Tony Evers - Jun 11th, 2021
- Milwaukee Health Department to Raffle Bucks Playoff Tickets with Vaccination - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Jun 9th, 2021
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
- Wisconsin Re-Launches “You Stop the Spread” Multimedia Campaign - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Jun 8th, 2021
- Brewers to Host Additional Pop-Up Vaccination Clinics June 15 and 16 - Milwaukee Brewers - Jun 8th, 2021
- Marquette Requiring COVID-19 Vaccination - Graham Kilmer - Jun 7th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here