UWM to shift mostly online after Thanksgiving break
MILWAUKEE _ The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has decided to shift to primarily remote instruction after Thanksgiving recess.
While UWM campuses have been relatively safe, the move comes as Wisconsin and the country have faced rapidly rising cases of COVID-19. The state has set records of new cases several times over the past week, and caseloads are threatening to overwhelm Wisconsin’s health care system. Gov. Tony Evers issued an executive order urging people to stay home, avoid gatherings and limit travel.
All UWM campuses will remain open. Residence halls and dining operations will be open both during and after break. However, per UW System guidance, there will be mandatory COVID-19 testing for those who leave for the Thanksgiving recess and return. Upon returning to campus, students must have two negative COVID-19 tests before returning to any in-person instruction.
Winterim courses will be primarily online. UWM plans to return to a mix of in-person, hybrid and online course-delivery options for the spring semester.
- MKE County: After Stabilizing, COVID-19 Could Be Rising - Graham Kilmer - Dec 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: Active Hospitalizations Lower Than They Were A Month Ago - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2020
- DHS Announces New COVID-19 Guidance on Quarantine Duration - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 4th, 2020
- Families Struggle With Child Care Amid School Closures, Virtual Learning - Madeline Fox - Dec 4th, 2020
- Local Leaders Call for Additional Federal COVID-19 Relief - Henry Redman - Dec 4th, 2020
- WI Daily: 4,618 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Evers Announces $78 Million in COVID-19 Business Grants - Danielle Kaeding - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Federal and State Action Needed on COVID Relief for Wisconsin - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Vos Pandemic Plan Sets Up Political Battle - Melanie Conklin and Erik Gunn - Dec 3rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Announces $15 Million in Grants Distributed to Wisconsin’s Live Music and Entertainment Venues - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 3rd, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee