The Westown Farmers’ Market Returns to Downtown on June 6th
Downtown Milwaukee’s Destination for Lunch on Wednesdays
MILWAUKEE—Downtown Milwaukee’s oldest and largest open-air market, the Westown Farmers’ Market, will return to Zeidler Union Square on Wednesday, June 6. The Westown Association will welcome vendors, shoppers, and musicians back to the square, located at 301 W. Michigan Street, to celebrate the opening day of the market.
The Westown Farmers’ Market is open every Wednesday, June 6 – October 31 (except July 4) from 10a.m. to 2p.m. The market is host to 13+ lunch vendors which include a variety of food trucks, local restaurants and food carts. Shoppers can also enjoy prepared food selections, handcrafted art, and locally grown produce from over 50 onsite vendors during the peak of the season.
New vendors for this year’s market include:
– Marco Pollo: Fried, breaded chicken with a variety of sauces
– Little Havana Express: Cuban sandwiches and empanadas
– Munchies MKE: Specialty grilled cheese sandwiches
– The Frying Dutchman: Dutch Cuisine
– Greek Street: Gyros and other Greek cuisine
– Brew City Pickles: Assorted pickled veggies and salsas
– Cakes by Linda Kay, LLC: Cakes, cobblers, cookies, etc.
– Sweet Joy Brigadiro: Brazilian chocolate truffles and sweets
– Madame Macaron MKE: Fresh French macarons
– Algo Dulce: Variety of Aguas Frescas and Mexican fruit cups
– Sweet Rings: Handmade donuts
– Tizzy Dee: Handcrafted, fashion forward crocheted items
– Soap Passion: Homemade soap products
– Aromatic Acres: Cut flowers, culinary herbs and specialty vegetables
– SL Fresh Produce: Fresh vegetables and fruits
– Milwaukee’s Fabled Farm: Fresh vegetables
– The Victory Garden Farm: Fresh heirloom vegetables and herbs
– Milwaukee Home Grown: Fresh flowers and vegetables
– Schoobie Gardens: Fresh vegetables
For a list of all vendors expected at this year’s market, please visit: https://www.westown.org/neighborhood-events/westown-farmers-market/westown-farmers-market-vendors/
New this year: market patrons now have the option of driving to the Westown Farmers’ Market. Parking will be provided by Interstate Parking at 615 N. 4th Street for $3.00. Parking validation is available at the Westown tent with proof of $10 purchase from market vendors.
The market also has a full schedule of music and events for patrons to enjoy. See the performance lineup below.
|Market Date||Performer||Special Programming|
|June 6||Jim Madritsch|
|June 13||Mathew Haeffel|
|June 20||TBA||World Refugee Day|
|June 27||Roxie Beane|
|July 4||No Market|
|July 11||Steve Cohen|
|July 18||Brecken Miles|
|July 25||Michael Tinker Tierney||Customer Appreciation Day|
|August 1||Joe Wray|
|August 8||Claire Kelly|
|August 15||Artists Working in Education, Irish Dancers, Gypsy Geoff, and Story Time||Children’s Day|
|August 22||Josh Cohen|
|August 29||Derek Sallmann|
|September 5||Texas Dave Trio|
|September 12||Ian Gould|
|September 19||John Stano|
No special programming after September 19th.
For information on the Westown Farmers’ Market, contact the Westown Association at (414) 276-6696, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.westown.org/neighborhood-events/westown-farmers-market/.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Westown Association
La Orquesta Salsa Power is a unique 10 piece orchestra comprised of Milwaukee’s only Grammy Nominated composers, percussionists and trumpeters.
Known for their soulful vibe and authentic reggae sound, the group brings the sounds of the Caribbean right here to Milwaukee.
The 5 Card Studs return to River Rhythms for a night of fun as they celebrate their 23rd year as "the hardest working band in the Midwest!"