The Senate Must be The Grownups in the Room… Again.
"Again, I am respectfully requesting Senator Fitzgerald to act responsibly and slow down this process."
Madison – State Senator Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee) has issued the following statement regarding the speed at which Governor Walker and Assembly Republicans have pushed the Foxconn deal:
“This week I sent two letters to Senator Fitzgerald. The first requested that the Senate delay action on the Foxconn deal until WEDC has done a thorough financial vetting of this company. Governor Walker and the Assembly Republicans want us to just blindly trust in Foxconn — I believe it is time for legislators to be responsible elected officials and do their job and verify that Foxconn is worth what we are seemingly willing to give up.
The second letter requested that representatives from Foxconn either make themselves available to give testimony at this Tuesday’s meeting of the Joint Committee on Finance, or at a public hearing of a Senate standing committee to thoroughly review the proposed Foxconn deal. The fact that representatives from Foxconn have been conspicuously missing from this process is disturbing.
Again, I am respectfully requesting Senator Fitzgerald to act responsibly and slow down this process. It is time for the Senate to once again be the adults in the room and do the work of properly vetting this deal.”
- State Reviewing Foxconn Jobs Report - Erik Gunn - Jul 23rd, 2020
- Foxconn Hosts Smart Manufacturing Web Conference, Launches iAI Institute - Foxconn Technology Group - Jul 10th, 2020
- Foxconn Will Make 10K Ventilators - Corri Hess - Jun 19th, 2020
- Medtronic and Foxconn Partner to Increase Ventilator Production - Foxconn Technology Group - Jun 18th, 2020
- Foxconn Audit Delayed Two Months - Erik Gunn - Jun 3rd, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn’s Profits Plunge By 90% - Bruce Murphy - May 19th, 2020
- Foxconn to Assemble Procedural Masks in Wisconsin for Pandemic Relief - Foxconn Technology Group - Apr 20th, 2020
- Murphy’s Law: Foxconn Squeezes Evers - Bruce Murphy - Apr 15th, 2020
- Foxconn Says It Earned Tax Credits - Corri Hess - Apr 9th, 2020
- Back in the News: Foxconn Plant Will Make Ventilators - Bruce Murphy - Apr 8th, 2020
Read more about Foxconn Facility here
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Tim Carpenter