Supervisor Taylor Calls on Evers to Suspend Rent, Mortgage, and Utility Payments
MILWAUKEE – Milwaukee County Supervisor Sequanna Taylor has launched an online petition urging Governor Tony Evers to issue an emergency administrative order that would ensure housing security during the corona virus crisis, by allowing people to hold off on paying their rent, mortgage, or utility bills.
“In these challenging times, when working people are focused on following government directives to protect their health, worried for their family’s safety, and anxious about their financial security, no one should have to worry about losing the roof over their heads.
“Everyone deserves to know that they are safe and secure in their homes and won’t end up on the street due to foreclosure, or failure to pay rent or utility bills, especially when we are asked to stay home to protect the safety and health of everyone in our community.
“We are calling on Governor Evers to recognize the importance of housing security, and issue an emergency administrative order declaring that no one should be required to pay their mortgage, rent, or utility bills during the Covid-19 public health crisis,” said Taylor.
Taylor’s petition is available online here: https://www.change.org/p/tony-evers-governor-evers-suspend-mortgage-rent-and-utility-payments-during-covid-19-pandemic.
More than 600 people had signed the petition by Monday.
- Why Are Bars Still Open? - Graham Kilmer - Jul 14th, 2020
- City Hall: Don’t Call 911 On City Mask Mandate - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- Johnson Opposes More Economic Stimulus Funding - Rob Mentzer - Jul 14th, 2020
- MATC to Stream Virtual Commencement Beginning July 24; Ceremony to Air on Milwaukee PBS Aug. 1-2 - Milwaukee Area Technical College - Jul 14th, 2020
- WI Daily: New High, 964 New COVID-19 Cases - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 14th, 2020
- AG Kaul & Multistate Coalition Urging the U.S. Senate to Increase Childcare Funding in Next Federal Stimulus Package - Josh Kaul - Jul 14th, 2020
- Back in the News: Wisconsin Behind on COVID-19 Testing - Bruce Murphy - Jul 14th, 2020
- Milwaukee Public Schools Releases School Reopening Recommendation - Milwaukee Public Schools - Jul 13th, 2020
- WI Daily: COVID-19 Early Indicators Are “Very Troubling” - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 13th, 2020
- Common Council unanimous in approving citywide masking policy - Ald. JoCasta Zamarripa - Jul 13th, 2020
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Sup. Sequanna Taylor
Measure Also Calls on Feds to Forgive all Current and Outstanding Rent and Mortgage Payments During Pandemic