Supervisor Martin Urges all Adults to Get Vaccinated As Soon As Possible: “Don’t Wait”
MILWAUKEE – County Supervisor Felesia Martin wants residents of District 7 to know that all adults living in ten Milwaukee ZIP Codes are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine starting this Monday, March 22. Martin is urging everyone to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
“I am both delighted and relieved that all adults in the Milwaukee County ZIP codes hardest hit by Covid are now eligible to receive this life-saving vaccine. At the beginning of the pandemic, these areas of the County saw higher rates of infection and death than just about anywhere else in the state, and it’s appropriate to address these disparities head-on. People who live in these ZIP codes need to know they can make an appointment to get vaccinated right now, today.”
The ten ZIP codes where all adults can get vaccinated starting Monday include 53204, 53205, 53206, 53209, 53215, 53216, 53218, 53223, 53224 and 53233.
Also starting Monday, March 22, those individuals with certain medical conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, cancer, COPD, and other conditions will be eligible. There will be no verification of anyone’s health status and all requests for vaccination appointments based on health conditions will be honored.
Supervisor Martin is urging all adults in her District to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
“We urgently need to get everyone vaccinated as quickly as possible to avoid further pain and suffering caused by this terrible illness. People need to know that we are in a race against time with new variations of COVID that appear to be more deadly and are infecting more people every day. I implore all adults to make an appointment today and get vaccinated, whether or not you know for sure that you are eligible. This vaccine could very well save your life, or the life of a loved one. Don’t wait, do it now.”
Anyone who wants to get vaccinated can sign up for an appointment at CovidMKE.com.
The ten ZIP codes were identified using the CDC’s Social Vulnerability Index which uses 15 variables to help identify communities that may need support before, during or after disasters
- President Larry Miller and Vice President Tony Báez Oppose Standardized Testing During the Pandemic - Milwaukee Board of School Directors - Apr 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 626 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 21st, 2021
- New State COVID-19 Testing For Schools - Erik Gunn - Apr 21st, 2021
- WI Daily: 805 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 20th, 2021
- Gov. Evers Announces $50 Million to Support Kids’ Learning Opportunities, Mental Health - Gov. Tony Evers - Apr 20th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Doubles Down on Toxic Vote Against American Rescue Plan, Tells WI Voters They Didn’t Deserve Direct Checks - Protect Our Care Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Governor Evers, DHS Announce More Than $175 Million to Support COVID-19 Testing in Schools - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 20th, 2021
- Senator Johnson Admits “Stand(ing) in the Way of Getting Checks to Everybody” - Opportunity Wisconsin - Apr 20th, 2021
- Robin Vos Must Stop Spreading Vaccine Doubts Online - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 373 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 19th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here