Supervisor Czarnezki Calls for Vaccination of Poll Workers and Election Officials
MILWAUKEE, WI – County Supervisor Joseph J. Czarnezki is calling upon Governor Tony Evers, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services and all local health departments in Milwaukee County to include poll workers and election officials in Group 1b for vaccine distribution.
“Poll workers and election officials are essential, because elections are essential.” said Supervisor Czarnezki.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that vaccination Phase 1b include frontline essential workers such as fire fighters, police officers, corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, United States Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers and those who work in the educational sector (teachers, support staff and daycare workers).
“The workers facilitating Wisconsin’s February 16 Spring Primary Election and April 6 Spring General Election are essential frontline workers and should be included in the group of workers who will be among the first to receive the COVID-19 vaccine,” said Supervisor Czarnezki. “Many of our poll workers are older individuals who deserve to have the added protection of a vaccine while they are safeguarding our right to vote.”
- Assembly Resists Senate COVID-19 Compromise - Laurel White - Jan 27th, 2021
- BBB Scam Alert: As COVID-19 vaccine rolls out, scammers cash in - Wisconsin Better Business Bureau - Jan 27th, 2021
- WI Daily: New COVID-19 Cases At Lowest Point Since Mid-September - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 26th, 2021
- Representative LaKeshia Myers Condemns Assembly Republican’s Political Gamesmanship with COVID-19 Legislation - State Rep. LaKeshia Myers - Jan 26th, 2021
- Senate Votes to Kill State Mask Mandate - Shawn Johnson - Jan 26th, 2021
- State Announces Next Phase of Vaccines - Graham Kilmer - Jan 26th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Statement on Passage of Amended Assembly Bill 1 - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 26th, 2021
- GOP to Wisconsin Neighbors: “Let them eat COVID” - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jan 26th, 2021
- GOP Vendetta Threatens Public Health - State Sen. Jon Erpenbach - Jan 26th, 2021
- Senate Passes Resolution to Rein in Governor Evers’ Mandates - State Sen. Julian Bradley - Jan 26th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Sup. Joe Czarnezki
Milwaukee County Clerk Czarnezki backs UW-Madison effort to survey those who didn’t vote