Statement on Nonpartisan Redistricting Reform Bill
"It is time to put people ahead of partisan politics by adopting a fair, nonpartisan redistricting process."
MADISON –Today, Democrats in the State Assembly and State Senate called for fair election maps in Wisconsin, highlighting Assembly Bill 303, which would establish a nonpartisan redistricting process. Rep. Lisa Subeck (D-Madison), who is a co-author of Assembly Bill 303, released the following statement.
“First, Wisconsin Republicans used a fundamentally broken redistricting process to draw partisan legislative maps, consolidating their power and walling themselves off from the political consequences of their unpopular and extreme agenda. Ever since, Republicans have used their unfair advantage to change the rules whenever it suits their desire for more power and more control.
It is time to put people ahead of partisan politics by adopting a fair, nonpartisan redistricting process. Voters should choose their elected officials, not the other way around.”
- 8 More Counties Plan Referendum on Gerrymandering - Matt Rothschild - Jun 29th, 2020
- Op Ed: Jensen Tries to Pre-Rig Redistricting - Matt Rothschild - Jun 9th, 2020
- WILL Wants WI Supreme Court to Take Redistricting Cases First - Shawn Johnson - Jun 4th, 2020
- Back in the News: Scott Walker Loses Again - Bruce Murphy - Apr 29th, 2020
- 51 of 72 Counties Now Back Fair Maps - Matt Rothschild - Apr 15th, 2020
- 23 Advisory Votes on Gerrymandering - Matt Rothschild - Mar 25th, 2020
- City Hall: Ballots Won’t Have Duplicate Gerrymandering Questions - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 27th, 2020
- Did Gerrymandering Kill Medicaid Expansion? - Erik Gunn - Feb 25th, 2020
- Data Wonk: The Republicans’ Gerrymander Scheme - Bruce Thompson - Feb 5th, 2020
- The State of Politics: Redistricting Fight Is One Year Away - Steven Walters - Feb 3rd, 2020
Read more about Gerrymandering of Legislative Districts here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
Vote by Mail Will Protect Our Health and Our Democracy
Put Victims First by Passing Bipartisan Bill (AB 214/SB 200) to Eliminate Future Backlogs for Sexual Assault KitsFeb 11th, 2020 by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
Representative Subeck Calls on Assembly Republicans to Put Sexual Assault Victims Ahead of Petty Partisan Politics
I stand with Governor Evers when he says it is time to set politics aside and to work together to move our state forward.