Souls to the Polls Urges Sen. Johnson to Vote ‘Yes’ on COVID-19 Relief Bill in the U.S. Senate
In the next couple of days, Senator Ron Johnson is going to have the opportunity to vote on the COVID-19 relief bill in the United States Senate. Souls to the Polls Milwaukee is calling on Senator Johnson to vote for this bill that will be much needed relief for the Milwaukee community. Historically, Senator Johnson has shown his willingness to vote for tax cuts for the wealthy and big businesses. This is his opportunity to communicate support and compassion for working families.
The Executive Director of Souls to the Polls Milwaukee, Reverend Greg Lewis, had this to say:
“As a person who contracted COVID-19 and a member of this community here in Milwaukee, I see how this pandemic has impacted us everyday. The loss of jobs leading to evictions, lack of health insurance, and other systemic injustices our community face has made this time especially difficult. Our community is on life support. We urge Senator Johnson to vote in the interest of the Milwaukee residents he represents in the U.S. Senate.”
While this bill may not have everything that is needed, it will provide stimulus checks, rent and mortgage assistance, and other forms of financial support for working Milwaukee families. We strongly urge Senator Johnson to vote in favor of this relief and we ask our larger Wisconsin family to sign our petition, urging him to do so. You can sign on to these efforts at the following link: www.bit.ly/supportreliefnow.
- WI Daily: 373 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 19th, 2021
- WI Daily: 518 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 18th, 2021
- WI Daily: 727 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 17th, 2021
- WI Daily: 709 New COVID-19 Cases Reported - Urban Milwaukee - Apr 16th, 2021
- MKE County: Children Contributing to Rising COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Apr 16th, 2021
- Wisconsin Unemployment at 3.8% - Erik Gunn - Apr 16th, 2021
- White House Announces $1.7 Billion Investment to Fight COVID-19 Variants that Senator Baldwin Worked to Include in American Rescue Plan - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Apr 16th, 2021
- Federal Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care (LTC) Program Ending - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Apr 16th, 2021
- Council file seeks Health Department information on Johnson & Johnson vaccinations - Ald. Milele Coggs - Apr 16th, 2021
- Vaccination Numbers Going Down - Graham Kilmer - Apr 15th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here