Senator Miller’s Statement on Privatizing Public Waters
"I expected better out of my Republican colleagues today and I am sorely disappointed in their actions."
Madison – “I am outraged by the egregious attack today on Wisconsin’s public waters.
“Senate Bill 76 was passed by Senate Republicans, privatizing Wisconsin water for the benefit of high capacity well owners. This bill allows high capacity well permits to be issued permanently. FOREVER.
“This is not a partisan issue, this is a fairness issue. Water belongs to everyone, not just the chosen few. I expected better out of my Republican colleagues today and I am sorely disappointed in their actions.”
More about the SB 76
- The State of Politics: Governor’s Race Influences Budget - Steven Walters - Jun 5th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: Walker Signs High-Capacity Wells Bill - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jun 3rd, 2017
- Rep. Considine responds to high capacity well vote - State Rep. Dave Considine - May 3rd, 2017
- High-capacity well bill’s passage ensures ongoing groundwater conflicts - Clean Wisconsin - May 2nd, 2017
- Representative Lisa Subeck’s Statement on Assembly Passage of SB 76 - State Rep. Lisa Subeck - May 2nd, 2017
- Op Ed: Water Bill Violates Constitution - State Sen. Mark Miller - Apr 30th, 2017
- SB 76 brings Grassroots groups together in defense of the waters of Wisconsin - Citizens' Water Coalition of Wisconsin - Apr 29th, 2017
- Senator Miller’s Statement on Privatizing Public Waters - State Sen. Mark Miller - Apr 5th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: Big Ag Wants High Capacity Wells - Matt Rothschild - Mar 2nd, 2017
- The State of Politics: Lawmakers Battle Over High Capacity Wells - Steven Walters - Jul 18th, 2016