Representative Lisa Subeck’s Statement on Assembly Passage of SB 76
"I am disappointed that Republicans have decided to abandon Wisconsin’s Public Trust Doctrine..."
MADISON –State Representative Lisa Subeck (D-Madison) released the following statement after voting against passage of Senate Bill 76:
“I am disappointed that Republicans have decided to abandon Wisconsin’s Public Trust Doctrine, the constitutional protection that recognizes that the people, not the state, are the rightful ‘owners’ of our water. Senate Bill 76 threatens this doctrine which guarantees Wisconsin’s public water remains free and available to the public.
Today, Republicans are again choosing winners and losers in a political climate where the deck has been consistently stacked against the average person. The bill should have been amended to restore basic fairness, but Republicans refused to even consider reasonable changes. The result is a significant threat to our water resources.”
More about the SB 76
- The State of Politics: Governor’s Race Influences Budget - Steven Walters - Jun 5th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: Walker Signs High-Capacity Wells Bill - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jun 3rd, 2017
- Rep. Considine responds to high capacity well vote - State Rep. Dave Considine - May 3rd, 2017
- High-capacity well bill’s passage ensures ongoing groundwater conflicts - Clean Wisconsin - May 2nd, 2017
- Representative Lisa Subeck’s Statement on Assembly Passage of SB 76 - State Rep. Lisa Subeck - May 2nd, 2017
- Op Ed: Water Bill Violates Constitution - State Sen. Mark Miller - Apr 30th, 2017
- SB 76 brings Grassroots groups together in defense of the waters of Wisconsin - Citizens' Water Coalition of Wisconsin - Apr 29th, 2017
- Senator Miller’s Statement on Privatizing Public Waters - State Sen. Mark Miller - Apr 5th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: Big Ag Wants High Capacity Wells - Matt Rothschild - Mar 2nd, 2017
- The State of Politics: Lawmakers Battle Over High Capacity Wells - Steven Walters - Jul 18th, 2016
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
Representative Lisa Subeck Offers Resolution Designating September as “Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month”Sep 5th, 2019 by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
Rep. Subeck announced the resolution during a legislative advocacy day organized by the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance.
Representative Subeck Circulates Bi-Partisan Bill to Support Nursing Mothers in the Workplace
Representative Lisa Subeck Joins Governor Evers, Democratic Colleagues Introducing Universal Background Check LegislationAug 15th, 2019 by State Rep. Lisa Subeck
"No family should have to worry that they or their children will be harmed by gun violence."