Rep. Moore Statement on Acid Attack in Milwaukee
"I am sending my deepest sympathies to Mahud Villalaz and his family."
“I’m horrified to learn about this violent act of hate inflicted on an innocent member of our community. I am sending my deepest sympathies to Mahud Villalaz and his family.
I thank the Milwaukee Police Department for their efforts to find the perpetrator who committed this awful attack.
No person should feel vulnerable because of their ethnicity or identity. The bigotry and hatred driving the nationwide rise in hate crimes aims to sow division, but Milwaukee will not stand for it. Instead, we must continue to embrace and love our neighbors. The fabric of our communities is strengthened by our diversity, which makes Milwaukee such a special place to live.”
More about the Acid Attack
- Acid Attack Makes Polonia Residents Uneasy - Edgar Mendez - Nov 20th, 2019
- Man Charged With Hate Crime In Acid Attack - Corri Hess - Nov 6th, 2019
- Rep. Zamarripa Statement on Racist Acid Attack - State Rep. JoCasta Zamarripa - Nov 4th, 2019
- Hate Has No Home Here! - State Sen. Tim Carpenter - Nov 4th, 2019
- Mayor, Officials Denounce Acid Attack - Corri Hess - Nov 4th, 2019
- Rep. Moore Statement on Acid Attack in Milwaukee - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Nov 4th, 2019
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
Rep. Gwen Moore Leads Letter to the FDA, Urging Action on the Influx of Toxic Chemicals Found in Baby FoodOct 28th, 2019 by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
"These disturbing findings betray the trust of American families, who rely on baby’s food to provide adequate nutrition that benefits their wellbeing."
"My constituents don’t want a wasteful wall."