Rep. Moore Statement on Acid Attack in Milwaukee
"I am sending my deepest sympathies to Mahud Villalaz and his family."
“I’m horrified to learn about this violent act of hate inflicted on an innocent member of our community. I am sending my deepest sympathies to Mahud Villalaz and his family.
I thank the Milwaukee Police Department for their efforts to find the perpetrator who committed this awful attack.
No person should feel vulnerable because of their ethnicity or identity. The bigotry and hatred driving the nationwide rise in hate crimes aims to sow division, but Milwaukee will not stand for it. Instead, we must continue to embrace and love our neighbors. The fabric of our communities is strengthened by our diversity, which makes Milwaukee such a special place to live.”
More about the Acid Attack
- Acid Attack Suspect Out On Bail - Edgar Mendez - Mar 12th, 2020
- Acid Attack Makes Polonia Residents Uneasy - Edgar Mendez - Nov 20th, 2019
- Man Charged With Hate Crime In Acid Attack - Corri Hess - Nov 6th, 2019
- Rep. Zamarripa Statement on Racist Acid Attack - State Rep. JoCasta Zamarripa - Nov 4th, 2019
- Hate Has No Home Here! - State Sen. Tim Carpenter - Nov 4th, 2019
- Mayor, Officials Denounce Acid Attack - Corri Hess - Nov 4th, 2019
- Rep. Moore Statement on Acid Attack in Milwaukee - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Nov 4th, 2019
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
Congresswoman Moore Announces $26.6 Million in Funding for the Muskego Yard Improvement Project in MilwaukeeMar 4th, 2020 by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
The funding will allow freight trains to bypass the Milwaukee’s main central bus and train station, improve freight flow through Milwaukee and increase the trips available between Milwaukee and Chicago on Amtrak’s Hiawatha service.
Congresswoman Moore Supports Bipartisan Bill Introduced to Improve Housing Conditions in Indian CountryDec 6th, 2019 by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
"I am pleased to join my colleagues in introducing this legislation that respects Tribal sovereignty and meets our trust obligation to Native Americans by providing funding for low-income housing."